• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: Who Built the Snowpeak Ruins?

P

ptlegoman

I thought this was obvious. It is Clearly built by the family of the Girl who wears the armor that you meet as you enter snowpeak. she said her father and her lived in Snowpeak, so why not the mansion? She could of moved out and the place would fall into disrepair.

i always thought the yetis built it and enimes came in and destroyed every thing and that the yetis were not strong enough to defeat them because the wife was sick the weapons and stuff were just decorations

I'm not sure who built Snowpeak Ruins, but I never got the impression it was built by Yeto & Yeta. I assume it was just a mansion/fort built by someone wealthy in ages past and the Yeti's moved in much later after it had been abandoned.

undead_angel92

undead_angel92
To me it looks like it was a nobles retreat or something. It's way too fancy looking to have been a fort. Of course I could be wrong, but thats my opition

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I wish Nintendo would elaborate more on those locations, they make an interesting area and never touch it again ever, although, that place would be excellent for allegories on architecture, well, that if Robert can find any connections, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo didn't put any...

maybe sometime between OoT and MM, hyrule and Termina merged into one dimension and hyrule took it over. the snowpeak ruins are the snowpeak temple in MM. it also explains why hyrule in TP is twice the size of hyrule in OoT

Ashei and her father probably lived there, because why else would she have been up there in the first place, unless everyone else was too scared to go up to the snow. There are suites of armor that are human sized, not yeti sized. The Ruins have cannons, so I am suspecting it was built for someone important, or as a protection for Zora's Domain since it sits on the path to Zora's Domain. It could have also been used for soldiers, hence the church and other rooms. The Ruins also have pictures of Ordon Ranch, Hyrule Castle, Arbiters Grounds, the Sacred Grove, and the City in the Sky. This is never explained

As to who built it, I have no idea. I'm not going to come up with some radical theory, but I'll instead work off what little evidence was given. With that out of the way, I assume that Ashei and her family might have had something to do with it, or were residents there at some point. If memory serves, she tells us that her father raised her in the mountains and taught her the various ways of combat at a young age. Her father apparently died at some point. I surmise that the mansion either belonged to her dad or some other predecessor at some point in the past. If such is the case, I'd imagine her family was very militant and prepared for war given the mansion's resemblance to a well-armed military fort (bastion).

If I had to come up with a radical theory, however, I'd say that whoever the residents of the bastion were, were probably trying to protect their home from the Yetis, but decided to retreat at some point (for whatever reason). [Some of] The Yetis would then take up residence there. The problem is with this is Yeto and Yeta both seem quite nice.. :/ Hmm... Whatever the case, the Yetis were obviously not the original residents. Heck, the entrance was too small for Yeto to enter anyway. lol

Ashei and her father probably lived there, because why else would she have been up there in the first place, unless everyone else was too scared to go up to the snow. There are suites of armor that are human sized, not yeti sized. The Ruins have cannons, so I am suspecting it was built for someone important, or as a protection for Zora's Domain since it sits on the path to Zora's Domain. It could have also been used for soldiers, hence the church and other rooms. The Ruins also have pictures of Ordon Ranch, Hyrule Castle, Arbiters Grounds, the Sacred Grove, and the City in the Sky. This is never explained

[noparse]^^^^THIS^^^^[/noparse]

There seems to be a lot of "making things up" going on in this thread. It is best to gather evidence presented in the game, and build off of that, rather than to ignore it all and make things up to fit your theory. I believe the strongest hints regarding the Snowpeak Ruins' origins exist in-game, and completely making things up is entirely unnecessary.

Strong in-game hints include [but are not limited to]:
  1. Ashe's dialog, which provides a brief backstory regarding she and her father, their time in the mountains, and other related things.

• "I grew up in the mountains with my father, who was a knight in his own right. He taught me the arts of war as though I was his son." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)

"Of course, lessons in common courtesy were not part of the regimen, so forgive me if I come off as rude, yeah?" — Ashei (Twilight Princess)

"And here I was, thinking Hyrule was empty of men of valor..." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)

"Listen, sorry I was so nasty the other day. I thought you were like those sorry excuses for Hyrule soldiers...but I thought wrong." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)

"Snowpeak, the mountain to the north of Hyrule... It's unlike any mountain I've ever known. I don't know much yet, but things happen there that happen on no other mountain I know of. ...Evil controls it... As soon as I know something more, I'll tell you. Until then, you should stay away, yeah?" — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
    • Also this:
      "Actually, there's one more of us...but there's been a disturbing turn of events on the north mountain, so she's gone to check things out. She's a beautiful young lady named Ashei. If you have a chance to meet her, you should definitely take the time to talk to her, OK, honey?" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
  2. Building off the above, it is interesting to note Ashei's tough, militant appearance. Oh, and did I mention the Yeti hide?
    285px-Ashei_Outfit.png
    67px-Yeti_Mask.png
  3. The size of the Yetis doesn't line up with the assortment of human-sized items and furniture to be found in the mansion.
  4. Building of the above, why on earth would there be pictures of various regions of Hyrule? This becomes even more odd considering it is strongly suggested that the Yetis have NEVER left the mountains, due to a variety of factors such as the inhospitable warmer climates at lower elevations.
  5. Weapons and suits of armor of various kinds can be found within. Aside from the inconsistency in Yeti-to-weapons/armor size, how and why would the Yetis make usage of said weaponry and armor in the first place?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I feel obliged to congratulate you on the above post, I think you nailed it, I will play special attention to this place on my next playthrough (n fact, I guess I'll just use this as an excuse to make another run), there is more to this place, this requires further investigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom