• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: Who Built the Snowpeak Ruins?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
So, a while ago, my friend and I were having an argument about the origins of the Snowpeak Ruins and who decide to construct the humongous mansion out in Snowpeak. My friend believes that the Yeti couple- Yeto and Yeta- built the mansion themselves and maybe made it so big so that other yetis could live there, too. Unfortunetly, the place was overrun by monsters and they let it fall into ruin because damagies were happening too fast for repairs. I disagree and I think that the mansion was built years ago by some important army official (I say army official because of the numerous weapons frozen over in the storage areas.), to house his family and occasionally soldiers. Now, the mansion coud have also been built somewhere in Castle Town, but teleported to the mountains by Zant, but I don't see what he'd get out of it. In any event, the mansion was there in its already ruined state and the yetis are living there because it isbetter equiped than a cave or other natural dwelling.

So, what do you think folks? Was this huge place constructed by Yeto ad Yeta? Did some rich guy abandon it , allowing for other creatures to occupy it? And why woud someone want a mansion in such a hard to reach area of the mountains? Did Zant possibly have anything to do with its location? Do you have a completely different theory? Let me know what you think about this topic. :)

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Between Oot and TP Hyrule seems to be in a deep state of war, a war with the Gerudo is heavily implied (which would explain their absense), in this was correct, it is likely like the snowpeak ruins was a fort (it has huge walls, a sturdy door, it's almost unreachable by an army, it has plenty of room for food reserves and weapons, and even a room that looks like a church of sorts, it also has a private room for the captain in the top)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I speculate that the land of Hyrule once had a sort of Feudal System. The Snowpeak Mansion could have been one of the various manors that spring up in such a system. It is big enough for a Lord, knights, and people to work the land. This would also explain the weapons found in the Snowpeak Ruins. It's possible that a feudal system sprang up in Hyrule due to war and invasion by neighboring countries. As to who owned it and who built it, I have no clue. It had to have been built after the events of Skyward Sword and (judging by it's condition) a long time befofore the events of Twilight Princess.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Between Oot and TP Hyrule seems to be in a deep state of war, a war with the Gerudo is heavily implied (which would explain their absense), in this was correct, it is likely like the snowpeak ruins was a fort (it has huge walls, a sturdy door, it's almost unreachable by an army, it has plenty of room for food reserves and weapons, and even a room that looks like a church of sorts, it also has a private room for the captain in the top)

I agree. All the soldiers marching around castle town in TP made me wonder if there was a war going on. Snowpeak is an ideal fort as it would be very hard to get to if you had to go Icicle snowboarding while being bombarded with arrows! :P

I also think it would be a good fort because no Gerudo in her right mind would come to snowpeak with that little clothes on!

Well I'm not even sure if snowpeak is part of Hyrule. It seams like the Royal family conquered a few regions around Hyrule between OoT and TP.(the people from the Ordon province are loyal to the royal family but Ordon Provinc is not seen as a part of Hyrule for example). So maybe the ruins were the castle of the former monarchy of snowpeak.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I originally had the mind set that Twilight beings teleported it there a long time but when I saw the rooms of weapons I thought defiantly an old fort or military housing of past Hyrule.

skullkid

The Rising Legend
I agree that the SnowPeak Mansion couldn't have belonged to the Yeti couple. Just because of how old it is. I thing it could have belonged to some rich family it's possible that it belonged to the royal family but it's possible that it doesn't. About the terrible location for a mansion. I really don't know why it would be there but I think it's possible that SnowPeak wasn't always snowy. There could have been climate change. Who knows how old the mansion is so it's possible. I don't think that Yeto or Yeta could have built the mansion because of the materials needed. Yeto and Yeta are "genetically equiped" for blizzards and cold climates. They would probably have to go to Castle Town. That would affect them possibly because of all the trips that have to be taken to and from Castle Town. Not only that they would cause a huge panic. I mean people freak out and run at the sight of a green wolf. It would be even worse seeing two yetis stealing the stone and weapons needed.
So overall Yeto and Yeta couldn't have built the mansion. They probably stumbled upon it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes, it's made quite obvious in the game that the mansion was not built by the yetis. My original theory was that it was used by the precursor to the Royal Family, but now we know that that would be the Skyloftians. SS really missed out by not including the mansion... (I believe Axle mentioned this in one of his videos.) Anyway, since the crest displayed in the mansion hasn't been connected to the Hylian Royal Family, I can only assume that it was a separate faction of Hylians or a different race altogether. It's likely that they were at war at some point with the Hylians. Remember that there's a cave in North Hyrule Field that displays the same crest and weaponry.

As to who built it, I have no idea. I'm not going to come up with some radical theory, but I'll instead work off what little evidence was given. With that out of the way, I assume that Ashei and her family might have had something to do with it, or were residents there at some point. If memory serves, she tells us that her father raised her in the mountains and taught her the various ways of combat at a young age. Her father apparently died at some point. I surmise that the mansion either belonged to her dad or some other predecessor at some point in the past. If such is the case, I'd imagine her family was very militant and prepared for war given the mansion's resemblance to a well-armed military fort (bastion).

If I had to come up with a radical theory, however, I'd say that whoever the residents of the bastion were, were probably trying to protect their home from the Yetis, but decided to retreat at some point (for whatever reason). [Some of] The Yetis would then take up residence there. The problem is with this is Yeto and Yeta both seem quite nice.. :/ Hmm... Whatever the case, the Yetis were obviously not the original residents. Heck, the entrance was too small for Yeto to enter anyway. lol

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
If you look around the Snowpeak Ruins you'll notice two rapiers, it's a symbol. If you study the rapier, you'd realize it looked much like that of Ghirahim's from SS. Some people like to think that the mansion was originally Ghirahim's, but is somewhat proven wrong by Skyward Sword. Even though the Mansion isn't shown in SS it's still very possible that the mansion was once Ghirahim's, although, it is very unlikely.

P.S. I think Axle posted something like this a while back.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I think since Ruins seem abandoned, it was the King's winter palace or something, hence the tower and puzzles.

I think the idea of the mansion being a sort of fort makes a lot of sense. :p and also, I couldn't imagine why two Yeti's maybe even more.. would want a house that freaking huge with so many weapons, considering how gentle they are.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I always figured it was a yeti stronghold, of sorts, where generations of yeti lived, but that the yeti were eventually thinned out until only Yeto and Yeta remained. Because there were only two of them, they didn't really need more than two or three of the rooms, and when they got the mirror shard, it was all too easy for monsters to use the mansion as their home as well.

I always felt that since it was a ruin, then it might have been an old base or house from a group of people who lived in the mountains.
when I played SS, I started to think that maybe it was something like the dessert.
as in, with time it sort of got deserted and forgotten. like maybe there was a little village around the area or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom