• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess Vs Twilight Princess

Twilighit princess GAMECUBE VS twilight princess WII

• Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nicholas

The legend of nick
Gamecube vs wii which is better I cant say cuz I never played the gamecube version but what do you thin,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say GameCube because it's the original version of the game. I don't like the arbitrary changes made in the Wii version, like crappily mirroring the entire game to simply make Link right-handed. The motion controls in it also seem annoyingly tacked on. I just can't take it very seriously and prefer to play the game in the control scheme it was designed for.

I never played the Gamecube version, but I liked the Wii version. Motion control worked well for Link's items. I can't imagine playing that game where you swing Link's sword by just pressing A... it would seem so weird after playing it on the Wii.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I have yet to play it on the gamecube, but i am constantly going to flea markets on the weekends to see if i cant see someone selling it for cheap. I loved the motion controls on the Wii. I believe The Legend of Zelda was meant for motion controls.

Gamecube version without question. I bought both versions and infinitely preferred the Gamecube version, not only was it the right way around and the way the game was designed to be but it was so much more fun to play.

The Wii version, apart from being the wrong way around became unnecessarily difficult because of the wiimote, I took me a good fifteen minutes to beat puppet zelda because of the ungodly delay with swinging your sword, everything felt more difficult, it shouldn't have been ported to the wii, it was a gamecube game made with gamecube controls first and foremost.

I'd say everyone should play the gamecube version, it'll make you feel much better about the entire game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd say GameCube because it's the original version of the game. I don't like the arbitrary changes made in the Wii version, like crappily mirroring the entire game to simply make Link right-handed. The motion controls in it also seem annoyingly tacked on. I just can't take it very seriously and prefer to play the game in the control scheme it was designed for.
This pretty much. GameCube TP is Canon TP, meaning Link thus far as only ever been right handed (officially) in Skyward Sword. Mashing the B button felt better to me than waggling the Wiimote, but the 16:9 display of the Wii looks so amazing. Eh, I pick GameCube for everything but display settings.

GCN version played on the Wii. The old GCN was prone to lock up in certain games from time to time. For the most part, the Wii's better stability fixes that.
I actually aimed better with a controller than I did with the Wiimote.

I love the motion controls. Sure, they were slapped on last minute and the game was flipped but they work so well in a game about sword play. Then again, I have a friend who hates flailing his arms around so the gamecube version is his pick. Depends on the person.

I didn't even know there was a gamecube version until like 2 months ago, arent I a true Zelda fan?

I was able to play TP on both the Gamecube and the Wii. Because I played the GC version first, I was always frustrated in the beginning because everything was flipped. But when I finally got used to it, I really enjoyed the Wii version better... everything seemed so much more hands on!

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
I preferred the Wii version for two reasons :

- You were able to move while using the bow.
-Aiming on the Wii was much easier for me, every Zelda game, except TP(Wii) and Skyward Sword, I've had trouble aiming because the controls always felt stiff.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
I never played the GameCube version, but I pick it because I'm sure it's better. First, the idea of mirroring the game is foolish, but most important the motion controls feel to be just sticked into the game, while it was designed in another way. I'd be much more happy to press the A button to swing the sword instead of having to shake the wiimote and nunchuck. Link's movements doesn't follow yours, so moving the wiimote is just an imput like pressing a button. Also pointing at the tv to use your weapons is pointless, because you have to use the stick to move your visual anyway, it's very poorly-done and I always disable the pointer so that I can relax on my couch without having to point at the TV and I also get rid of that annoying fairy. I'm very looking forward to play the GC version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom