• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Vs Skyward Sword

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I like Skyward Sword more and also consider it to be the superior game in every possible way. Twilight Princess is still one of my favorite Zeldas, though, even though I consider it to be one of the series' weakest titles. Both are great video games, but Skyward Sword is both a great video game and a great Zelda game, whereas Twilight Princess is only good as a Zelda game.

I love both, but Skyward Sword takes the cake.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I prefer Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword in all ways I can see possible. SS feels like a TP1.5 to me; it took a couple concepts implemented in TP several degrees further. However, I really dislike the things SS did badly (and when I say badly, I mean badly to me, not to you the reader). TP at least felt like a Zelda game whereas SS felt like a totally new IP gone terribly wrong (again, to me). So, I vote TP over SS and that is all. :>

Definitly Twilight Princess
I always find myself thinking about the storyline, or certain parts in the game that I enjoyed.
Skyward was better where it had the motion controls, but Twilight's temples seemed more fun for me to go through.
I also liked almost every single boss in TP, whereas I can't seem to even figure out which is my favorite in SS

As much as i love them both very dearly, i have to go with Skyward Sword on this one, just for being so different in it's formula.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Twilight Princess. I actuallt went through all aspects of the games and compared them, and they came out to basically a dead tie. However I enjoy TP much much more

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Twilight Princess is the obvious choice for me. It has been the best Wii Zelda game in my opinion. Every detail in concept the game has offered to us, Zelda gamers, are really highly amazing. Everything is truly amazing. The items, characters, music, dungeons, bosses, enemies, etc are very phenomenal! Great Wii Zelda game for me! <3

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I prefer Twilight Princess because I love the graphics, the unique ability to turn into a wolf, and I love the items and music.... Skyward Sword was VERY animated... the music wasn't as good, and I missed the ability to screw around with clawshots on EVERYTHING, not just targets and the bow came too late, missing a good opportunity to kill some annoying enemies... IMO, Twi Prin> Sky Sword

I think Skyward Sword beats Twilight Princess on every level, except in terms of dungeons. That's why I pick Skyward Sword.

I thought Twilight Princess' dungeons were bigger and better. There wasn't a single dungeon in Twilight Princess up 'till now (I just beat City in the Sky, which became my second favorite dungeon EVER in the series, behind Majora's Stone Tower Temple) that felt subpar. All dungeons felt REALLY good. I can't say the same about Skyward Sword. I didn't like the Earth Temple, for instance. It felt really short and didn't offer a real challenge. I didn't like Sandship also. I know some people consider this one of the best dungeons ever, but to me it just felt like a boring dungeon which happened to be in a very original environment, but boring to play nevertheless. Lanayru Mining Facility is a great dungeon in concept, but it just wasn't that fun to play. I appreciate the Timeshift Stones mechanics, but gameplay wise it didn't feel that compelling. So, as you can see, I had some problems with Skyward Sword dungeons. My favorites were the Fire Sanctuary, Ancient Cistern and Skykeep.

On the other hand, every Twilight Princess dungeon felt really good to play, despite the terrible controls. I'm more puzzle oriented. I don't care that much about combat. I think that's why I prefer Twilight Princess dungeons. I like a good challenge. Nowhere in Skyward Sword I could find challenges like Lakebed Temple and City In The Sky. Combat were harder in Skyward Sword, but puzzles fell on the easy side, which is very disappointing. Ancient Cistern was the hardest dungeon in Skyward Sword in my opinion and it isn't even remotely as challenging as Lakebed Temple or City In The Sky.

Skyward Sword was a breeze to play. I didn't have moments when I felt frustrated. Twilight Princess feels like a game with great dungeons and A LOT OF FILLER in between. I just didn't feel like doing anything else in that game besides beating the dungeons. I hated the fetch quests. I hated fishing. I hated the goats. I hated the stupid Goron sumo fight. I hated the whole "take this carriage safely somewhere". I hated to defeat the shadow beings. I hated playing as a wolf. I hated pretty much everything in that game, except the dungeons. The overworld is kind of empty and boring. In Skyward Sword the whole universe is a dungeon. I especially like the Eldin region. The puzzles there felt better than the Earth Temple puzzles themselves, which is something impressive. The world in Skyward Sword just feels more alive. Yes, it is pretty linear and it lacks some of the "exploration". Twilight Princess on the other hand has a more "open world", but it has nothing in it.

So, I'm still playing Twilight Princess. I will beat it pretty soon. I might change my mind, but as of now I grant victory to Skyward Sword. It was so much fun to play that game, even if Twilight Princess pretty much destroys it in the dungeon department. Dungeons are my favorite parts of any Zelda game, but the filler in Twilight Princess is SO UNBEARABLE that it loses the cake. It's just disgusting what you have to go through in TP to get to the fun parts. It is a very crippled game. Skyward Sword has less filler, even though it can be very repetitive at times (I'm talking to you Imprisoned ...).

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd say Skyward Sword is the better game for reasons that shouldn't need repeating. Twilight Princess is my preferred one, though. Why? I dunno lol. Suits my tastes.

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Twilight Princess all the way because, first it is my favorite for so many reasons. I just love transforming into a wolf. Yes, I know you have to wait 3 dungeons before you can finally transform into a wolf whenever, I think that it was well worth it.

Second, are the graphics. They are very good in this game. I know it kind of gets dark, like really dark and that is something i really don't appreciate but the game other then that is pure genius! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom