• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Vs Skyward Sword

Probably the reason why I voted TP was that I was really was impressed with the dungeons, it had some really memorable ones. Oh and Midna > Fi.

Twilight Princess all the way. Mainly because when paying through both games i had a lot more fun with twilight princess for reasons like its graphics, dungeons, weapons, and how it was a really classic legend of zelda game with a lot of really cool darker twists. All in all twilight princess is my favorite game legend of zelda game

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The answer's gotta be Twilight Princess.

For all of its faults, Skyward Sword had some of the best things in the series going for it, the greatest of which is in the portrayal of Zelda. I was at first skeptical of her "schoolgirl" look, but from minute one, as in no other Zelda game before, I didn't only care about saving her again this time, but as the adventure moved on I began to fear for her. Then that touching scene rolls around... I'm a grown man and let me tell you, I can still cry :lol:

Skyward Sword gets considerable credit for Zelda's portrayal, but SS was unfortunately lacking in many of the things that appeal to me most in a Zelda game. Regardless of the shoddy controls, which were the biggest issue, and while the redesign of traditional Zelda series structure had its merits, Skyward's graphics, while beautiful, did not lend itself well to conveying the fantastic feeling of a magnificent fantasy world, nor did Hyrule even remotely resemble the land as we've ever seen it in appearance, regardless of presentation. Great and innovative gameplay, a big redesign for better and worse, and a fantastic portrayal of Zelda and still it's not the greatest.

Which leaves Twilight Princess to shine as the Wii's best Zelda title. The best since Majora's Mask, imo. It harkens back to everything that appeals to me in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Midna makes for a fantastic character who still puts Skyward Sword's Zelda to shame. It suffers more than some of the "best" Zelda games, though still far less than Skyward, but manages to have that which appeals to me most in a great Zelda adventure!

Last edited:
Skyward Sword. Link has character, there is a better Storyline, there are more fun things to do, and it has a different kind of feel to it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Worst question ever. They are both tied for my top favorite....hmmmmm....well...I'll say Twilight Princess because it felt more polished and extended as far as it could in terms of potential. Skyward Sword was a bit of a one-trick-pony.

Apples and oranges. Juxtaposing TP and SS is far too complicated. Comparing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, for example, is a completely different story. They're both masterpieces in completely different ways. I vote tie.

T

TwilightOcarina

I honestly can't decide. I mean, on one hand, we have Twilight Princess, which pretty much ripped my heart to shreds. There are some parts of the game that still bring tears to my eyes even though I finished it months ago, and it was one of the first ones I played.

But Skyward Sword (which I'm not finished with yet) is, in it's own right, just so amazing! I mean, what can be better then flying through Skyloft? Playing that gorgeous harp? Watching Fi dance on air?

In both these games, the need to save everything (at least to me) becomes overpowering. Like, I feel like it really is a race against time and that lives are really depending on me. I know, I'm a sap, but it's a good game and that's what good games do. So really they're both absolutely perfect. Just in different ways.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
SS is the better game if you look at what it can deliver compared to TP, Story, Gameplay, Graphics, etc. But I simply had so much more fun playing TP so I'm voting for that.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
It's like Random Person said a long time ago; TP served it's purpose, and that purpose was to emulate Ocarina of Time so it would hopefully bring the older players that didn't like Wind Waker back. Skyward Sword, on the otherhand, brought us some of the best story telling in a Zelda game and 1:1 motion controls which I was pleased with how they turned out. However, I don't want every Zelda purely motion controlled, maybe one every other release. So, I'd have to say Skyward Sword is better because Twilight Princess really didn't bring anything new to the series.

Twilight Princess is far better in most aspects. (In my opinion, of course.)

Fi annoyed the hell out of me. Everytime she popped up I dreaded it and most of her dialouge had 'captain obvious' written all over it. I tried to ignore her the best I could, which kinda sucked because I loved talking to Midna and what she had to say on our current situation. Even Navi was less annoying than Fi.

While TP's overworld wasn't perfect and very empty, atleast it was connected. The fact that you have to go in the sky just to get to another part bugged me. It made the world...well, not feel like a world. I also really hated that there was barely any NPC's (TP suffered from this aswell, although they did make an attempt with castle town.)

Some of the motion controls felt really unnecessary, like swimming and throwing. (My views are probably a bit biased though because I hate motion controls.)

The Day/Night cycle was missing from SS. I was honestly in shock when you had to sleep in a bed for time to pass and then you can't even fly or visit the surface at night! What?! One of the best experiences in Zelda games that I've had is running across Hyrule field as night hits, or setting sail in WW as the sun rises and the music kicks in.

It's all these little things that stop me from picking SS up again and appreciate past Zelda games alot more. Don't get me wrong, SS is a good game, but it's my least favourite 3D Zelda.

bunny

birb overlord
Twilight Princess. I can't really explain it... Skyward Sword was a great game on it's own, but it didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. It felt like a whole new thing on it's own, which is totally fine, but when I am playing Zelda... I really do look for that "Zelda" feeling.

I also enjoyed Twilight Princess' story more. I know Skyward Sword's was a little bit more developed, but overall... TP is just more appealing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom