• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess VIDEO Review

Hey guys,

I've posted here before. I'm an aspiring video game journalist, and would love some feedback/support. I just finished my review of Twilight Princess. Be sure to take a look at my other zelda videos. I've gotten great feedback before on this site, and would like that to continue. So let me know what you think! Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcptmZZrvJw

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
First of all, you have this in the wrong spot. This would go in the Fan Works section.

Anyways, lets look at this video.
There are a couple of critiques that could be said, but I first have to wonder who your target audience is. The start of your video can lead some people away. You essentially say "I know you all hate this game, but it's actually one of the best." Combined with how you say this in a such a "matter of fact" manner, people can believe this is a biased video. Stating an absolute like "the best" or "the worst" can be devastating because those can be so subjective. Finding ways to make this easier to take in (like saying "one of the best" or "a role model") can soften this blow. One of the game's flaws that you mentioned were the wolf sections. You analyzed that section without calling yourself out. It sounds weird when you say something is the best, and then point out a major flaw.
I should also mentioned that the flaws of TP were too few in your review. There is no law that says a review can't be all positive or negative, but you should explain why. In persuasive tactics, it's good to show the opposing side and explain why its wrong or why it doesn't hold as much weight as people think.

Here is an example of a SS review that is almost all negative but because he explains everything so clearly, many don't see it as a biased opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAjK7wd5QE

You seem very distant from your review, while at the same time using diction that is unnecessarily complicated. Before I can say "I agree and/or disagree" I first have to say "what did he say?" Your diction isn't too advanced that people can't understand it, but only so that many can't understand it on a first run through. You may want to try sounding more invested in what your saying and try sounding more like yourself, because as it is, it feels like you looked up a bunch of things before writing the review and read a script into a microphone. If you're target audience is more education than entertainment, than distancing yourself isn't too bad of an idea, but you still don't want to go so far that it sounds like you're reading off of a script. Did You Know Gaming has people reading facts off of scripts, yet they sound highly invested in what they're saying.

Overall, its a good start, but it needs some improvement. Research some reviewers whom you'd like to model yourself after and take mental notes on how you can improve yourself. Remember though, your channel should be about you, not them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom