• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess-The Sequel

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, there have been a lot of flaws of Twilight Princess, but I think the game deserves a sequel. I know Midna won't be there anymore :( but it would still be cool if TP got a sequel. How come the game doesn't get the same love as OoT and TWW did? Hope they make the sequel on the WiiU.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, seeing the demo from the WiiU, truthfully, I am quite hopeful. Twilight Princess is my favorite game, and I really want to see a sequel to it. Despite the fact that Nintendo said that they showed the demo just to show the power of the WiiU, I think that there may be a new Zelda game. It's already a tradition for there to be a Zelda in every nintendo console/handheld. But the question is what the game's about. I really, really want a TP sequel.

A sequel MIGHT be possible, but I'm reluctant to say it would end up on Wii U. At best it will be a 3DS game or whatever handheld will come out in the future.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm hoping Nintendo continues to follow their procedure of straying away from stories that have already been told and give us unique experiences. Who could have predicted a game about the origin of the Master Sword? Who could have predicted Wind Waker? Stories that are so mysterious, new and unforeseen are far more engaging than continuations of stories that have already been concluded.

geek4887

The Unknown
I'm hoping Nintendo continues to follow their procedure of straying away from stories that have already been told and give us unique experiences. Who could have predicted a game about the origin of the Master Sword? Who could have predicted Wind Waker? Stories that are so mysterious, new and unforeseen are far more engaging than continuations of stories that have already been concluded.
Well, you support Operation Moonfall, right? MM really was a direct sequel to OoT. Any Zelda fan saw that coming. But the story was what blew us away. That's what I'm saying. I want a Twilight Princess sequel, but have something different, just like how MM was to OoT.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Well, you support Operation Moonfall, right? MM really was a direct sequel to OoT. Any Zelda fan saw that coming. But the story was what blew us away. That's what I'm saying. I want a Twilight Princess sequel, but have something different, just like how MM was to OoT.

The problem with doing a direct sequel now, though, is that they would be heavily bound by the story so far. It would be far more liberating to just create a story completely separate and independent of all other games, and then find a logical place to fit it into the timeline.

And yeah, Majora's Mask is my favorite game period (tied with Portal 2 though) - but what makes it different is that, while chronologically it is a direct sequel, it is everything that Ocarina of Time was not. Dark, character driven, haunting, mysterious. It isn't just "Ocarina of Time 2" - it is very much its own game that only shares a chronological relationship with Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass is much more in the "direct sequel" route, and that is one of the reasons I did not particularly care for the game - it doesn't do too much to really distance itself from Wind Waker, and is perfectly content to wallow in Wind Waker's style and themes.

I'm not necessarily opposed to direct sequels, as long as they distance themselves and stand completely alone as their own games - and if that's the case, why should it matter if it is a sequel or not?

I agree with the original idea of making another Twilight Princess game. Only problem is... where would it take place? Would you be teleported to the Twilight Realm and explore new areas only there?

Of course, it would definitely have to give more detail into some aspect of the game that hasn't yet been explained in great detail. The gerudo perhaps? I know that people have their own theories on the Gerudo, but I would like an actual story line about them. Maybe Link could be the one that's born to the Gerudo? That would certainly make things interesting..

geek4887

The Unknown
The problem with doing a direct sequel now, though, is that they would be heavily bound by the story so far. It would be far more liberating to just create a story completely separate and independent of all other games, and then find a logical place to fit it into the timeline.

And yeah, Majora's Mask is my favorite game period (tied with Portal 2 though) - but what makes it different is that, while chronologically it is a direct sequel, it is everything that Ocarina of Time was not. Dark, character driven, haunting, mysterious. It isn't just "Ocarina of Time 2" - it is very much its own game that only shares a chronological relationship with Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass is much more in the "direct sequel" route, and that is one of the reasons I did not particularly care for the game - it doesn't do too much to really distance itself from Wind Waker, and is perfectly content to wallow in Wind Waker's style and themes.

I'm not necessarily opposed to direct sequels, as long as they distance themselves and stand completely alone as their own games - and if that's the case, why should it matter if it is a sequel or not?
Well, something that was related to the dark interlopers or something. I mean that would still make it a sort of different game. You know that no matter what happens, Nintendo will deliver one way or another.

Well, something that was related to the dark interlopers or something. I mean that would still make it a sort of different game. You know that no matter what happens, Nintendo will deliver one way or another.
True enough. Nintendo always delivers when it comes to the Zelda series. But really, me being obsessed with Dark Link and the Dark Interlopers, that would be totally epic. I know that people label MM as the 'Dark' Zelda game, but we need something better.

geek4887

The Unknown
True enough. Nintendo always delivers when it comes to the Zelda series. But really, me being obsessed with Dark Link and the Dark Interlopers, that would be totally epic. I know that people label MM as the 'Dark' Zelda game, but we need something better.
That's exactly why I fell in love with TP. It was much more..."solemn" than MM was. Or an extension of what the heck the fused shadows were about. There was barely any back story in it. I truly loved the concept of TP and wish they'd do it again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS doesn't LOOK dark from the trailers we have so far, but it could get darker and darker as the story progresses. Now, if TP were to have a sequel I'd love for it to lighten up to OoT standards, and possibly touch upon where in the world TP Link went.

I'd like to see a direct sequel to TP. Sort of like LA and MM where he ventures off to a foreign land after saving Hyrule. For the graphics, I'd like a mix between SS and TP, so about 75% realistic and 25% cel-shaded. It could be on either the WiiU or the 3DS. What would be really cool is if there was 2 games made, one for WiiU and one for 3DS, that tied together like OoX and the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons.

geek4887

The Unknown
Nintendo should open their eyes, and expand upon Twilight Princess. To all of us who liked it, well it had a hell of a story! But still, if there's a totally new game in store for us, then, we can't really complain about it right? I really do hope that it looks like the WiiU tech demo, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom