• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess Sword Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikacondon

Title.
My Twilight princess WII game is in chinese. I dont know how to do a spin attack or a vertical slash. could anyone list the controls?

Shake the Nunchuck to do a Spin Attack.
To do vertical slashes, you can either hold forward on the analog stick and then shake the Wii remote, or Z-Target an enemy first, then shake the Wii remote.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's usually more precise if you flick your wrist in the motion that you want to perform, as would be the ideal function of the controls. Try to avoid waggle, because that will often just generate a random sword swing rather than a specific one. I'd recommend just flicking your wrist downwards for a vertical slash.
I'd avoid "shaking" because it's not too far off from waggle; the spin attack is hard to do properly on the Wii version because they removed the charging functionality from previous Zelda games. As a result of this, to prevent abuse of the spin attack, they controlled it with the Nunchuk's accelerometer (which is somewhat unresponsive) to offset the time it would normally take to charge a spin attack. Spin attacks are always going to feel sporadic and laggy for this reason on the Wii version. Try to flick the nunchuk from left to right or right to left with your wrist, avoiding forward motion (because that could set off a shield bash).

It's usually more precise if you flick your wrist in the motion that you want to perform, as would be the ideal function of the controls. Try to avoid waggle, because that will often just generate a random sword swing rather than a specific one. I'd recommend just flicking your wrist downwards for a vertical slash.
The direction you swing your Wiimote has no effect on Link's sword slashes. Twilight Princess is waggle-based. Pre-set animations are initiated when the controller is swung in any direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom