• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Realistic Graphics Mistake [NOT HD]?

Should Twilight Princess Have Had Realistic [HD] Textures?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bs8814

The Gamer
I think they made TP to realistic for the Wii. Since the Wii does not have a good GPU and Graphics Card it could not run High Res textures well, so there were only certain things that were important (like characters) that had HQ textures but stuff like grass, walls and wood. I think they should have made all the textures the same standard of quality instead of having it unevenly proportioned. Anyone else agree? (Don't hate me but correct me if you want to)

Yeah, but TP was a port form the Gaemcube (wii version may have come out first but that was to sell some consoles at launch) so if anything it was the GC not the Wii that had the problem, though i don't think it matters. A lot of people say TP was created for those who didn't like the way WW looked but I think it was always going to happen, and besides the ps2/Xbox at the time were less powerful than the GC and they didn't feel the need to throw out cel-shaded graphics in games because they weren't powerful enough, they kept the traditional graphics that games have pretty much always had with no style added etc. I don't see TP as anything more than a product of its time and i still think it looks amazing, very few games of that generation had lighting that looked that amazing and bathed characters in soft glowing auras etc, I think the only game that comes close to looking better than TP at that time was probably ICO but i remember that mostly for having amazing water.

TP was never gonna be HD, maybe when the WiiU comes out though Nintendo will re-release TP as an HD remake like Silent Hill 2+3 (though i hope they don't because that would cheapen TP so much, there really is no reason to do such a thing).

I would've waited if Nintendo would have just released the Gamecube version when it was due, then revamped the graphics for the Wii. It wouldn't have been HD, but it would have been much much better.

Big Octo

=^)
If the game were developed for the Wii and not the GameCube, the graphics would've had a slight improvement. But, as you said, the Wii didn't support HD graphics, nor anti-aliasing.

Sure, I'd like to see TP (or any other game) with HD graphics and a more realistic art style. I think we need to take break from Cel-shaded, as three games in a row with it is quite enough. Hopefully Nintendo will stick with what they showed for the WiiU tech demo, but we'll never really know for sure.

I dont think the gamecube could have handled it. Then when they decided to make it for the wii the game had to be pushed back even longer, imagine if they had made it in HD we would probably be seeing it on the wii U, instead of its release on the wii.

Twilight Princess was made for the gamecube first off, so the graphics were the same as the gamecube.

I think the graphics were perfectly fine, I loved how Twilight Princess looked and do not think they should have changed the graphics.

Even on old hardware and in standard resolution I still thought TP looked fantastic. HD would've been nice of course, but neither the Gamecube or Wii is capable of HD anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom