• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Prequal

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Twilight Princess left so much open for a prequal, almost like Aonuma meant for it to be like that, and obviously by this, I mean a different Link way before the happenings of TP, there a re quite a few unexplained things in TP which may point to a prequal one day happening. As some people may know I believe Zelda Wii will be a Sequal to Majora's Mask, despite the lack of alot of evidence, I of course could be totally wrong, but even so, Twilight Princess seems to have done some of the things in-game on purpose, so i'm going to point out a few things:
1. Ganondorf getting the Triforce of Power - Where exactly did it come from, and why did the Triforce pieces magically appear on his hand, along with Link and Zelda?

2. Hero's Shade - We didn't hear alot about this guy, he came in as some mysterious skeletal past hero without an eye, it isn't like Nintendo to just had something like this, it is also heavily implied him and TP Link are related in some way, it is also speculated that he is in fact, OOT Link.

3. Interloper War - While it is not like Nintendo to fully explain wars of the past (Imprisoning War and Civil War), it left alot open, and didn't even explain much about the war, other than evil magicians wanted the Triforce, then were sealed away in the Twilight Realm.

There were a few other ones, but I can't exactly remember them right now, but if anyone would like to contribute to the list then go ahead.

As of right now, with the very tiny bit of information Miyamoto has spoon-fed to us, I don't think Zelda Wii will be a sequel or prequel to TP. Didn't Miyamoto himself say this would be in a completely different era than TP or something like that? Pull, there's an obvious connection between the girl in that artwork and Link's missing sword. If there wasn't, Miyamoto wouldn't have referenced the figure every time it was pointed out that Link had no sword. This leads me to believe she is, indeed, the sword (shoot me, you know it's the most logical conclusion as of right now). Then that leads me to believe the game will revolve around the origins of the Master Sword, therefor placing it as the very first game in the timeline. Yeah, before OoT, and before MC (if you believe it takes place first or whatever). I'm not expecting many references to TP, or any other game for that matter.

But really, too soon to say. All we have is a picture and a handful of creator quotes. This could be a freaking four swords installment for all I know.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
As of right now, with the very tiny bit of information Miyamoto has spoon-fed to us, I don't think Zelda Wii will be a sequel or prequel to TP. Didn't Miyamoto himself say this would be in a completely different era than TP or something like that? Pull, there's an obvious connection between the girl in that artwork and Link's missing sword. If there wasn't, Miyamoto wouldn't have referenced the figure every time it was pointed out that Link had no sword. This leads me to believe she is, indeed, the sword (shoot me, you know it's the most logical conclusion as of right now). Then that leads me to believe the game will revolve around the origins of the Master Sword, therefor placing it as the very first game in the timeline. Yeah, before OoT, and before MC (if you believe it takes place first or whatever). I'm not expecting many references to TP, or any other game for that matter.

But really, too soon to say. All we have is a picture and a handful of creator quotes. This could be a freaking four swords installment for all I know.
This thread is about a prequal for Twilight Princess, not my theories. If it was about my theories I wouldn't have put it in Future Zelda.

From what I heard, the Heros Shade is possibly the spirit of the hero of time( Link from ocarina of time. )

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
we all know that Ganondorf has his piece of the triforce because he got it from OOt. then after going back in time Link tells Zelda of ganondorf's plan and he is sent to the arbiters grounds to be killed eventually.
Some people say that the hero's shade is the majora's mask Link. but that is only theory but i go with that theory.

but i think it would be awesome if the new zelda wii was a sequel to MM and a prequel to TP at the same time.

I'm not sure I would say TP warrants a prequel any more than the others. For example, OoT didn't explain hardly anything about the Imprisoning War, Rauru (sp?) and the other old sages that weren't seen, or the temples. Or like in MC; they didn't say much about the backstory of the Picori.
Besides, it's highly likely that the Hero's Shade is just OoT Link; that would tie up that loose end, and there wouldn't be anything more to explain.
Ganondorf getting the Triforce of power? There are theories about that, but no, nothing has been confirmed.
The Interloper War wasn't explained, no, but I think the Imprisoning War was left in just as much shadow (like you said).

In short, I'd prefer a prequel to OoT. I think there's a lot more to explain about the backstory there.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
In short, I'd prefer a prequel to OoT. I think there's a lot more to explain about the backstory there.
If OOt is the first game and the first Link then that isnt possible. Only if a newer Link found a book or met a person or something that explained what hapened before OOt would it be possible.
A prequel to OOt isnt possible because their would be no Link.

No you just went on about the Master Sword. It's been said how the Master Sword was made, and that fairy looking creature isn't one of reasons how it was forged. That debunks your "theory". Although I suppose it could be possible, only due to Nintendo loving to change everything. Is that Barba? Nope it is Volvagia now. Four Sword in ALttP? Yep. Etc etc etc

If OOt is the first game and the first Link then that isnt possible. Only if a newer Link found a book or met a person or something that explained what hapened before OOt would it be possible.
A prequel to OOt isnt possible because their would be no Link.

Not necessarily. Not everyone believes that OoT is the first one, and even if it is, that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any Link before that. Nintendo could just make a new story revolving around a Link that wasn't remembered by the time OoT came around or something.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Not necessarily. Not everyone believes that OoT is the first one, and even if it is, that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any Link before that. Nintendo could just make a new story revolving around a Link that wasn't remembered by the time OoT came around or something.

thats very true but on the OOt thing by what Miyamoto says it is OOt first (but even i dont go by what they say), but i believe that OOt is first because it kind of starts the Hylian religion and what the hylians believe in accordance to the triforce and the gods.

Some people think that MC is first only because he gets a cap and they say that is why it is first. I think that Mc is on the childs timeline because it takes what i believe to be the master sword ( because thats what it looks like) and turns it into the Four sword. Starting the four swords.games and making it not possible because then there would be no Master sword.

The funny thing is the next thing new theorists that have only played St are going to say is that ST is first because Link for the first time gets his Hero's clothes attire because that s what the guards are wearing so that Link can sneak by them. Se what im saying is that you cant put something in the beginning of the timeline because of Link getting clothes other wise ST, and MC would both be starting off the game.

But this is just what i think

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
...by what Miyamoto says it is OOt first
First relative to the other four games out at the time.

Some people think that MC is first only because he gets a cap and they say that is why it is first.
I think they have more evidence than that. Though I don't know what it is because I haven't played the game or researched it much (keeping away from spoilers!).

I think it should be a (somewhat) distant prequel to OoT.
Or a direct sequel to OoT on the AT! lol (link)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
First relative to the other four games out at the time.

I think they have more evidence than that. Though I don't know what it is because I haven't played the game or researched it much (keeping away from spoilers!).

I think it should be a (somewhat) distant prequel to OoT.
Or a direct sequel to OoT on the AT! lol (link)

I have beaten MC and their is more proof that it is a prequel to the Four swords series because Link must go to the 4 sanctuaries to get the four elements ( which also appear in FSA, which makes another connection) so Link can make the Four Sword and defeat Vaati who is the boss of all of the Four swords games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom