• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess "Twilight Princess is a Good Game, but It's Not a Good Zelda Game"

MW7

how could you NOT love this game?

I guess I'd say I have a love/hate relationship with the game. In the one thread about Twilight Princess (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?24892-Did-You-Like-Twilight-Princess/page6) my response to the poll was "Yes I loved it!" However there were just so many design decisions that were the complete opposite of what I would have liked to have seen in the game so comparing it to most other Zelda games I focus more on the negative when it comes to Twilight Princess.

I personally like Twilight Princess better than Skyward Sword, mainly because I had the GC TP and I enjoy using a controller more than motion controls. Another thing is I felt cramped in SS, there was like 3 places. I believe TP had one of the best Maps most definatly.

I think it's the aesthetics of the game. Personally, I have always thought cell shaded was the best look for Zelda, coming from the 2D ones it seems the most fitting art style. But now it's been thrown to the waistside apparently because it's just being used for portable titles

I want to see another cell shaded console title! Like a long epic journey that i can take on my TV!..
Even if it's only for the Wii

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I liked twilight princess. It was the first zelda game that i actually completed. I have both the GC version and the Wii version. I did like the GC better though. I feel like the Wii one, which i got after it became a nintendo select, is kind of making the motion controls thrown in without really building it in to the game. I think that they almost felt a little uncomfortable, but that might have just been me used to the GC version. I think that the graphic style would be something i would like to see return in a Wii U zelda, as well as the somewhat darker(?) plot. If it was input into an idea improving off of ss then i would be a great thing in my opinion.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
What's That...TP is a Bad Zelda?! WRONG!!!

Whoever made that statement is a fool. Twilight Princess still claims it's place in my list as best Zelda game.

People who hate on it because it is similar to OoT are also fools. It's completely different, like Fame Killz said. I mean, you might as well say that Majora's mask or Skyward Sword were the same as OoT, it's just not true. The controls (at least for the Wii version) are different, there is no music component unless you count the Howling Stones, you can transform into a wolf, with a new set of uses, there is no magic use, OoT lacked a horse-riding combat system, the stories and characters are completely different as well as the graphics, the combat in TP is way more advanced, the items are different for the most part, etc.

Twilight Princess is one of the best games of all time!
TP.jpg

Last edited:
I thin it's impossible to not like this game the graphics are unreal compared to the previous games. In all honesty if you were thinking of rejecting a Zelda game for its differences than hate Wind Waker(still a great game) because it was way beyond out of place for Zelda animation and story line. Twilight is a good ZELDA GAME

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't understand it either. TP is a Zelda game and one of the best if not the best in the series. OOT is definatley a good zelda game, since it is the most critically acclaimed game of all time. TP is often said to be just like it. How can it not be a good zelda game?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I'd just like to remind people that TP's placement on your favourites is a personal preference. People are entitled to disagree with you just as much as you are them. I like TP a lot, but it would be foolish of me to say TP is the best game ever period and not take into account another's viewpoint

No, Twilight was a bad film. Twilight Princess was a good Zelda game :P
I love being picky

You're kinda disagreeing with yourself here. First you say that it's a matter of opinion, and then you say that something is a bad film. :lol:

MW7

You're kinda disagreeing with yourself here. First you say that it's a matter of opinion, and then you say that something is a bad film. :lol:

I think he was making the point that people should be more respectful when they express an opinion rather than refrain from expressing opinions altogether. I think it was mostly because of what you said about how anyone who says Twilight Princess is a bad Zelda game is a fool. There wasn't any point to make it an ad hominem, and I appreciate TheBlueReptile for saying what he did.

Who said that!!?? This is a great, if not THE greatest Zelda game (I'm on the fence with this or SS as my fav)

Last edited:
I hate it when people say Twilight Princess was trying hard to be OoT, and that it sucked. It did not, it is my 3rd favorite Zelda game and OoT isn't in my Top Three Zelda Games. Twilight Princess had Twilight areas, large over world, and cool weapons OoT didn't have. My only problems is the items that feel useless and the disconnection from Link and you as Link loves Liala but I don't. The only other thing is that it was easy, but it was more fun fighting in TP than in OoT for me because of all the moves you could do in TP. Sure, a ton of the stuff was never important but it was fun having armor, tons of sword moves, different types of bombs.

Twilight is the only Zelda I've finished only once and not even 100% (close though), but I have to say I've never felt so displeased by a Zelda game. Wolf Link was just awful, It felt like they had ran out of creativity and used Sonic Unleashed desperate tactic of turning the main character into a wolf-like creature because Its cool, sadly, wolf parts were usually annoying, really hated killing stuff with it and the tear of light thing. Other than that, the lack of an instrument and not having cel shaded graphics has also bothered me. Zelda is filled with "comical" monsters with "funny" faces and a appearance thats fits a cartoonish look, Its clearly not meant to look serious and realistic.

not having cel shaded graphics has also bothered me. Zelda is filled with "comical" monsters with "funny" faces and a appearance thats fits a cartoonish look, Its clearly not meant to look serious and realistic.

lol what? before TP, WW was the only game with cel shaded graphics. OOT, the best zelda game / game of all time had "serious and realistic" graphics. and pretty "scary" and not comical enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom