• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Princess: HD Which Visual Style would you prefer?

Which Texture Pack of TP Would you Like for TPHD?

• Option #1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFj58XUlZI4)

• Option #2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8vRYxSPkk)

• Option #3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qquuBqk6-Y0)

• Option #4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2gP3Hq7CQ)

• I Can't Decide!

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think this whole topic asks an important question.
Should Nintendo use the popular option or the best option? I guess since Nintendo need the sales, the popular option will probably win out.

Nintendo hardly ever go with the popular opinion or else SS would have looked like TP and WW would have looked like the GC tech demo.
And of course the abomination Triforce Heroes would never have been foisted upon the Zelda franchise and put into the official timeline.

I think perhaps it would be good for people to actually get what they want in this instance. TP is the second most popular game in the franchise behind OOT and pissing off the TP fans just isn't a good idea.

I think perhaps it would be good for people to actually get what they want in this instance. TP is the second most popular game in the franchise behind OOT and pissing off the TP fans just isn't a good idea.
I think you just might be right. Give the fans what they want. THis would go against Nnitendo's hardly ever going with the popular option.
I think the fans just want a damn good looking game. It might not be exactly in the style they want but it will be damn good looking . . . well that's how I hope TPHD will turn out.

2 doesn't look very good at all at certain parts, especially the darker areas like the poison fog clearing.

I think 3 is my favorite of the bunch, but it's... a little too dark. Maybe it's just the mines, idk.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
2 doesn't look very good at all at certain parts, especially the darker areas like the poison fog clearing.

I think 3 is my favorite of the bunch, but it's... a little too dark. Maybe it's just the mines, idk.

These are fan texture mods. I wouldn't be pleased to see any of these in their current form as TPHD, but they give an idea of the direction the game could go in visually, but I think 2 overall is the right direction.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I liked option 2 the most out of all of those, due to brightening up what I felt should always be a little brighter (places untouched by evil, or places purified of evil) and leaving other places dark like the caves and poisoned areas. Option 4 was a close second for me, because again I like the bright colors, but I thought Link being bright in his dark basement was really weird and I don't like the lack of texture to the world. It looked washed out.

The other two options were alright, they stayed true to Twilight Princess a little more. But like I said in the first paragraph, I think Twilight Princess played a little too much with muddy dark colors and could use a pop of brightness.

I'd probably be done being a "fan' of the series if they screwed up TP's art-style with something more SS-esque. I wouldn't swear off of it entirely, but rather I might casually pick up the newest game in the series the same way I'll probably pick up Star Fox Zero or Yoshi's Woolly World at some point. Not a huge participant in the fandom and didn't really keep up with it, but will try it out if I have the cash to burn. I've already downgraded myself from a 'hardcore' fan to just a 'fan', so it wouldn't be anything new for me.

It would feel like such a slap in the face to me, even more so than the revelation I had about modern Zelda when SS was announced. TP is a good game and I'd enjoy the HD remake by default just because of its mechanics, but abandoning the more foreboding and dark atmosphere that it felt like it was carrying on in OoT and MM's stead through that type of presentation would be the straw that breaks the back.

View attachment 37166

This is how it should look
If you're ok with the aesthetics of the original game lost then sure. That what you quoted looks amazing. Totally unfaithful to the feel of the original game though . . . but I would accept that as an acceptable sacrifice. If I saw that as TPHD I would not be unhappy.

Actually if that was what TPHD looked like I'd pre-order it tomorrow.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I love the SS art style (even if I'm not overly fond of the game), with the TP-esque styles I love the second version for the brightness, but unfortunately it looks just way too dark to handle in the dark sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom