• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Princess HD confirmed

will be getting it nonetheless, because TP was my first Zelda and playing it again on Wii U will be pretty cool. But if Nintendo actually wants to make sales off of this remake, then they probably should put some more effort into it, as it looks like only a port.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
nintendo kept pumping out the remakes and the fans were eating it up,so by twilight princess hd rumor talk i just didn't care anymore
with that said,im legitimately ok with what we got; not sure if i said it here but i remember saying as long as they fixed the magic armor they could port it untouched for all i care
well,i can't complain

though i am really glad they used the gamecube version,maybe thats why im a bit soft on it

It dose look better in that video but it seamed like the GameCube footage was pour quality to begin with.

But I think that's the point. The textures on the WiiU weren't any better than the gamecube, and the game suffered for it. (In fact, I think Nintendo's original intention was to create a dual boot gamecube/wii disk.) It's really not right to call these remakes, when more often than not they're touched-up ports. When I hear "remake", I think of Tomb Raider Anniversary.

While it doesn't look like they've touched the geometry at all (and granted, this could still be a work in progress), the textures are much, MUCH better, and look extremely nice.

More than anything though, I want that Amiibo, and I'm curious about what other changes have been made.

Since it's a Friday release, I'm gonna preorder at a gamestop that's across the street from work. That'll be handy.

Last edited:
guys,
you have to realize that the graphics in the original twilight princess aged really well. I don't see how they could have improved the look of the game much more without giving it a completely different look.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There has been a comparison between the new and old version but let me show you the real efft they have put in to TPHD compared with other Zelda remakes.
original.jpg

They dont need to be in order even, you can see which is the new and which is the old, except with TP. Is that because TP looked so good already that there was so little improvement to make? No. It's because they have been lazy ****ers with this remake.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
guys,
you have to realize that the graphics in the original twilight princess aged really well. I don't see how they could have improved the look of the game much more without giving it a completely different look.
I love TP's visuals, but I think we all agree that it could do with a major overhaul. Talking about games that aged well, what about the Wind Waker? That game aged incredibly yet looked almost like a new game with its remake. There's no excuse.

There has been a comparison between the new and old version but let me show you the real efft they have put in to TPHD compared with other Zelda remakes.
View attachment 37171

They dont need to be in order even, you can see which is the new and which is the old, except with TP. Is that because TP looked so good already that there was so little improvement to make? No. It's because they have been lazy ****ers with this remake.
OOT - Too much overbloom/brightness in the remake.
MM - Too much overbloom/brightness in the remake and the darker aesthetic (which made MM cool) was removed.
WW - They used a whole different set of colours for the remake. Some people like it, others do not. This does not hurt the remake, just makes it look and feel way different. The overbloom/brightness in the remake does hurt it though.
TP - The same darker aesthetic is there. That's a great thing. Past that, not much has changed.

All of this is evidenced in the images you shared.

Have Nintendo been lazy with the TP remake? Possibly yes. To be honest I am glad Nintendo's laziness with TPHD meant they could not be assed to add in all the bad (as mentioned above) graphical changes (the other remakes got) to TPHD. Being lazy might have just saved TPHD from being a over bright, over saturated mess.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm not satisfied, I mean there were sections of the video were I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be looking at the orginal version or the HD remake. In fact the only time I thought, “that looks HD” was when Zant's mask was shown. Everything else sort of looked the same. I mean it's less blurry, but that's about it. Plus the feild area is exactly the same size as the orginal version, I was hoping for some expansion maybe, especially in the areas of the feild that felt small, doesn't look like we'll even get that.

Overall Idk what is going to make me want to buy this game as is...

I'm also going to point out that the game footage looks like they'll be going with the Gamecube version format of the game, the Wii version was mirrored. I'm sure someone might have pointed that out already though.

images

Disregard the image on the left. Look at the image on the left, I'd be satisfied if TP HD turned out more like it. Btw it was from that Wii U tech demo from 2011. It mantains a dark feel yet gives the game a new look, I think it would've worked well.

Last edited by a moderator:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i REALLY hate to use this phrase but..
am i the only one who's actually ok with this? yeah compared to ww hd,this version seems pretty lazy (once i realized i was watching tp hd and not an hq gamecube tp,i started laughing), but at least the definitive version of the game will be made more accessible
and at least it's actually coming to the wii u in the form of an upgrade...even if it is barley noticeable

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
i REALLY hate to use this phrase but..
am i the only one who's actually ok with this? yeah compared to ww hd,this version seems pretty lazy (once i realized i was watching tp hd and not an hq gamecube tp,i started laughing), but at least the definitive version of the game will be made more accessible
and at least it's actually coming to the wii u in the form of an upgrade...even if it is barley noticeable
I'm pretty okay with everything, even if it were to be released right now. But there is still a ton of time to improve things and make everything look better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom