• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Princess HD confirmed

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I'm sure most of us expected this since we saw a new character model for TP link pop up online recently. This however turned out to just be a render as TPHD clearly uses the old character models from the Gamecube game.

I for one am severely disappointed by what I saw. They gave the full treatment to WWHD, yet for TP which is the most popular Zelda behind OOT, they barely enhance the visuals in what appears to be a lazy effort. I can only assume Aounuma himself worked alone on the project. It says something when fan mods made by singular individuals are superior visually to an official Nintendo product.

WWHD had some touches made to it after its initial reveal, yet I dont think a mere touch up is going to make this game the visually impressive experience many were hoping for.

Graphics are a huge part of remakes and since TP is available to play on the Wii U anyway. This lazy remake seems silly and I dont feel it will entice as many people as it should. In my view one of the greatest games of all time and my personal favourite game of all time has been done a great disservice.

Poor effort Nintendo.

What do you think about the announcement of TPHD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81859

I think that we'll get an actual remake someday. It's obvious that they're still tiding us over for Zelda U, and don't have the resources to overhaul the game. I'm extremely pleased with the announcement, but maybe that's because TP was my first video game and my EXTREME BIAS is talking. GIVE ME THAT AMIIBO.

Eh, I think it's too early to judge the game's visuals. The first TWW HD trailer had much more bloom than the final product. I think there will still be some touches on TP before release. Though it is worth noting that Nintendo has less than four months to patch things up. I really hope this remake improves my second favorite Zelda game.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Eh, I think it's too early to judge the game's visuals. The first TWW HD trailer had much more bloom than the final product. I think there will still be some touches on TP before release. Though it is worth noting that Nintendo has less than four months to patch things up. I really hope this remake improves my second favorite Zelda game.
Considering that Wind Waker HD literally had a 6 month development cycle, that 4 months will be a lot of time considerably.

Though even if they overhaul the graphics, they seemed have overhauled the music, and they said they would have some gameplay changes. If this is true and they drastically improve the game in that way, then all is forgiven graphically.

Mido

Version 1

Wii U vs. Gamecube/Wii graphics comparison

Might want to turn down the audio if you're not a fan of the Song of Storms remix in the background

I should have taken your warning. I did not expect the audio to be as loud as it was! :D

I missed the Zelda portion, of all things, on the Direct; however, I am pleased by the TPHD news. The touch-ups, however mild they are, do make the game look pretty decent. (It seems less blurry based on ALIT's video as far as I can see.) After not playing it in five years or so, since I only borrowed it, it would be nice to finish this game!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

Wii U vs. Gamecube/Wii graphics comparison

Might want to turn down the audio if you're not a fan of the Song of Storms remix in the background

I think that the the Wii footage is pretty poor, I've seen higher quality vids of it. Nevertheless, there's no excuse and no explanation for this lack of upgrade. There's been 10 years between both games. For reference here's a few games with around 10 years difference:

Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 4

Battlefield-1942-Hints-Tips-Tricks-Glitches.jpg

2565317-bf4+2013-10-29+21-57-55-49.jpg

GTA San Andreas and GTA V

gta5_vs_gta_san_andreas_train2.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 3

Star-Wars-Battlefront-2-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

---

I think we deserve so much more. Nintendo have rushed this remake out and it makes me sad to see one of my favorite games of all time get a half hearted attempt at a remake just to cash in. We're in 2015, there are so many fantastic looking games and to see hardly any noticeable improvement in ten years just shows what kind of state Nintendo are in.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm...pretty disappointed. I don't know why they would completely redo Wind Waker's graphics to make something that looks almost exactly the same, but not do this for TP and make it look incredibly better by giving it actual HD graphics as seen with the Wii U showcase. Considering the original game sold twice as much as Wind Waker, it just seems like a much smarter investment to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom