• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Freaking ROCKS !!

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
It is one of the most amazing 3D Zelda titles out there! There is a wide world to explore, the most dungeons in the series (nine), a wide variety of characters to interact with, the one trading sequence in the game ends as soon as it starts, it gives you decent collectibles in the form of the Golden Bugs, you have a sassy companion character, you turn into a Wolf which adds variety to combat and world exploration, and the best swordplay in the series by far!

The only gripes I have with the game are two things.

A - The art style is strange with character design as they are cartoonish in proportions and yet textured with an aim for realistic design.

B - Heart Pieces
drdypj-c651f9f6-f314-4cbf-941c-5c055b9c4ccf.jpg

RamboBambiBambo

Twilight Princess HD added a third thing I find annoying with Twilight Princess - Mii-Verse Stamps.

Some chests now give you Hylian Letters to use in Mii Verse and it is annoying because some of these chests are in dungeons, tucked away in hard to find places. You have high hopes for what you are getting, or you might even remember that it contains a Purple Rupee......only for it to be the Letter Q in Hylian.

RamboBambiBambo

The rabbit beating Dark Beast Ganon would be pretty funny during that phase of the final fight. Imagining a Pink Bunny just kicking the butt and mauling Ganondorf would be hilarious!

Probably something along these lines !

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love Twilight Princess, but after replaying it again a couple years ago, I found it way too linear for my liking. I didn't even realize how linear it was before and exploring areas as the wolf first and collecting the tears of light was a little meh. Other than that, I think it's still the greatest 3D Zelda game in terms of dungeons and boss fights. Also really loved the enemy variety and combat in it as well. Something I think the series has taken a bit of a step back on in recent titles. The items were also really cool and creative, even if not always utilized to their fullest. It's definitely the Zelda game I think about most when I think of things I'd like to see return in this new Breath of the Wild era of Zelda.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I love Twilight Princess, but after replaying it again a couple years ago, I found it way too linear for my liking. I didn't even realize how linear it was before and exploring areas as the wolf first and collecting the tears of light was a little meh. Other than that, I think it's still the greatest 3D Zelda game in terms of dungeons and boss fights. Also really loved the enemy variety and combat in it as well. Something I think the series has taken a bit of a step back on in recent titles. The items were also really cool and creative, even if not always utilized to their fullest. It's definitely the Zelda game I think about most when I think of things I'd like to see return in this new Breath of the Wild era of Zelda.
People complain about the linearity, but I personally see that as just telling the story, and TP has a really good story to tell.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
TP is a good game. It has a unique atmosphere, a distinct visual style (whatever you may think of it, positive or negative), and some of the best dungeons the series has to offer. Combat feels good and the hidden skills spice things up quite a bit. I personally think that the items in the game are also fun, even if they're fairly situational. Music is mostly good too. Always delivers on the spectacle, especially in boss fights.

On the other hand, I don't care for the opening hours, and the tears of light especially. Both of those are incredibly egregious pace breakers for me. That said, they don't ruin the game by any means. It doesn't reach the same highs as games like WW or BotW, if you ask me, but it's definitely a solid entry in the Zelda series. Good game all around.

RamboBambiBambo

At least they reduced the number of tears you have to collect in TP HD during those sections. Same cannot be said for the Silent Realm in SS HD though.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It is one of the most amazing 3D Zelda titles out there! There is a wide world to explore, the most dungeons in the series (nine), a wide variety of characters to interact with, the one trading sequence in the game ends as soon as it starts, it gives you decent collectibles in the form of the Golden Bugs, you have a sassy companion character, you turn into a Wolf which adds variety to combat and world exploration, and the best swordplay in the series by far!
Amen!

Tp has always been my favorite Zelda game. It was the third game I played (after oot and mm) and I really enjoyed it. The story is great, the characters are great, and the dungeons are beautifully built. I love how many layers the game has, even the surprise Ganondorf even tho a lot of people complain he wasn't inthe game that much. I also liked the tears of light challenges, it's like the silent realms from ss but not horrifying and stressful. It's also a nice way of adding puzzle elements and blocking areas you haven't reached in the story yet. The main criticism for the game I agree with is that the twilight particles suck. Even with smoke and stuff sometimes, it can prove hard to tell what I'm looking at.

RamboBambiBambo

Does anybody else remember when Twilight Princess was going to get a sequel but Shigeru decided to scrap it and push the development team to make Link's Crossbow Training instead?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm curious though. What kept you all playing throughout TP?
The story was compelling and interesting, and the gameplay still stands as some of my favorite in the series. It was only my second ever Zelda game and you could really say my first since the first one I played I did it because I was helping my little brother with his WInd Waker playthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom