• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: A strange turn of events

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
you said that miyamoto made a timeline and that its outdated now. he placed TP 100 years after OoT. how is that outdated? TP is the newest game in the series so i dont understand how you can say his placement is outdated. and as dark link said, the only information we have to go on is the creators word. whether or not they have been wrong before thats the only conclusive evidence we have so we have to assume its correct until something CONCLUSIVE comes along to disprove it.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
you said that miyamoto made a timeline and that its outdated now. he placed TP 100 years after OoT. how is that outdated? TP is the newest game in the series so i dont understand how you can say his placement is outdated. and as dark link said, the only information we have to go on is the creators word. whether or not they have been wrong before thats the only conclusive evidence we have so we have to assume its correct until something CONCLUSIVE comes along to disprove it.

BACK IN 1998 BUDDY! Back then he made a timeline for all the games, and he disclosed information about the timeline many times, even when WW was released he made claims on how the Timeline was ordered. And because he did not expect these games to have stories that contradicted his timeline and thus this kind of information isn't solid until the next Zelda in the Child Timeline is released.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
BACK IN 1998 BUDDY! Back then he made a timeline for all the games, and he disclosed information about the timeline many times, even when WW was released he made claims on how the Timeline was ordered. And because he did not expect these games to have stories that contradicted his timeline and thus this kind of information isn't solid until the next Zelda in the Child Timeline is released.

in my entire time being a theorist and talking with other theorists, no matter how many arguments ive been in, no matter how much i fought someone on a timeline, you are the only person i have ever spoken with who has conflicting views on TP.

this is kind of a moot topic/thread because regardless of how long after OoT this game takes place does not affect that it still comes after OoT on a timeline.

and the events and things that have happened in Hyrule do not make sense to take place only 60 or so years after OoT. there is movement of certain landmarks, there is the arrival of new cities, there is new land to explore. the map is obviously similar to OoT with a few changes. i dont think that these changes and new towns and landmarks could have been conjured up in only a matter of half a century. and the fact that there is this twilight realm and a mirror that leads to it. it just makes absolutely no sense to me for all of these events to occur in such a short amount of time. you can argue what you want but it doesnt make sense at all.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
in my entire time being a theorist and talking with other theorists, no matter how many arguments ive been in, no matter how much i fought someone on a timeline, you are the only person i have ever spoken with who has conflicting views on TP.

this is kind of a moot topic/thread because regardless of how long after OoT this game takes place does not affect that it still comes after OoT on a timeline.

and the events and things that have happened in Hyrule do not make sense to take place only 60 or so years after OoT. there is movement of certain landmarks, there is the arrival of new cities, there is new land to explore. the map is obviously similar to OoT with a few changes. i dont think that these changes and new towns and landmarks could have been conjured up in only a matter of half a century. and the fact that there is this twilight realm and a mirror that leads to it. it just makes absolutely no sense to me for all of these events to occur in such a short amount of time. you can argue what you want but it doesnt make sense at all.

I'm very sure, that it was people like you who stated that changes in enviroment mean nothing in this game.
Ordon is outside of Hyrule, it had no buisness what so ever with it's event's. There are no new towns, one that was destroyed and another supposedly increased.
Do not talk as if your views on TP a moot, you are as much a speculator as me and stop acting so high and mighty. You can be just as wrong as me or just as right as me. At least I am open for debate, but you seem to be closed off to things that don't go your way. After a while I give up, but you have yet to do so. So stop bickering about how I do my way of firguring out the timeline and focus on making this an intellectual debate, not just contradicting.

And even though this means my other thread is now finished, if it's prepared to keep this alive then so be it.

Alttp is one game that links very well to this game (mostly due to the master sword, and the whole light and dark discussion.) The master sword is in a forest in that game and many things tend to add up, why is Zora's river to the north like it was in TP? And Death mountain is also to the north of the castle in TP (by a smidge) tell me. That game and this link up so well, yet why are the landmarks different? In every game the landmarks have been different, there is no indications of any of them ever having consistent landmarks except in name, and that is that.

Now, contradict that like we should but lay off of my questioning.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm very sure, that it was people like you who stated that changes in enviroment mean nothing in this game.
Ordon is outside of Hyrule, it had no buisness what so ever with it's event's. There are no new towns, one that was destroyed and another supposedly increased.
Do not talk as if your views on TP a moot, you are as much a speculator as me and stop acting so high and mighty. You can be just as wrong as me or just as right as me. At least I am open for debate, but you seem to be closed off to things that don't go your way. After a while I give up, but you have yet to do so. So stop bickering about how I do my way of firguring out the timeline and focus on making this an intellectual debate, not just contradicting.

And even though this means my other thread is now finished, if it's prepared to keep this alive then so be it.

Alttp is one game that links very well to this game (mostly due to the master sword, and the whole light and dark discussion.) The master sword is in a forest in that game and many things tend to add up, why is Zora's river to the north like it was in TP? And Death mountain is also to the north of the castle in TP (by a smidge) tell me. That game and this link up so well, yet why are the landmarks different? In every game the landmarks have been different, there is no indications of any of them ever having consistent landmarks except in name, and that is that.

Now, contradict that like we should but lay off of my questioning.

not sure how im not debating "correctly"...you say im contradicting and not debating...bebating IS contradicting...

i did say geography doesnt really matter, but i was talking about land geography, not the fact that in a short time a new village popped up. based on what youre saying, if the maps are as much alike in OoT and TP as many think then the location of Ordon Village is right where the kokiri village was...

now i dont know how this would happen within 50-60 years. this means that the castle would have been moved which also would not realistically happen in that amount of time.

im not acting all high and mighty...im thinking logically. there is A LOT of things going on in TP...it just doesnt seem realistic that this all took place in 50 years..

and as i said, the creators have told us it comes 100 years after OoT. we have no reason to not believe them. youre the only one i know to ever try and contradict that. everyone else seems to believe that its a pretty solid FACT.

what the creators tell us isnt speculation..its fact, and thats what im basing my argument on is what the creators have told us so no, i am not speculating.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
not sure how im not debating "correctly"...you say im contradicting and not debating...bebating IS contradicting...

i did say geography doesnt really matter, but i was talking about land geography, not the fact that in a short time a new village popped up. based on what youre saying, if the maps are as much alike in OoT and TP as many think then the location of Ordon Village is right where the kokiri village was...

now i dont know how this would happen within 50-60 years. this means that the castle would have been moved which also would not realistically happen in that amount of time.

im not acting all high and mighty...im thinking logically. there is A LOT of things going on in TP...it just doesnt seem realistic that this all took place in 50 years..

and as i said, the creators have told us it comes 100 years after OoT. we have no reason to not believe them. youre the only one i know to ever try and contradict that. everyone else seems to believe that its a pretty solid FACT.

what the creators tell us isnt speculation..its fact, and thats what im basing my argument on is what the creators have told us so no, i am not speculating.

I speak too of what Miyamoto said at least 10 years ago which was official facts at the time. He said a timeline like this
LOZ1> AOL> OOT> Alttp> LA
He said that and now it's currently thrown off into the wind because he didn't know of what would come after. As far as I'm concerned, unless another Zelda has been released that comes after TP, or the creators give an in-depth look into TP we are still in the dark. And until the next game, what you and I and Anouma says is mere speculation.

Geography doesn't change that much in 100 years either. Mountains can't change their positions and neither can deserts, which happened to move southward despite staying in the west, the lake happened to go the west huh? When in OOT it was in the south. The way the castle is and the geography from before all differs from OOT in such a way, it would have to be more than 100 years. No way can geography change positions like that in short of 300 years.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I speak too of what Miyamoto said at least 10 years ago which was official facts at the time. He said a timeline like this
LOZ1> AOL> OOT> Alttp> LA
He said that and now it's currently thrown off into the wind because he didn't know of what would come after. As far as I'm concerned, unless another Zelda has been released that comes after TP, or the creators give an in-depth look into TP we are still in the dark. And until the next game, what you and I and Anouma says is mere speculation.

Geography doesn't change that much in 100 years either. Mountains can't change their positions and neither can deserts, which happened to move southward despite staying in the west, the lake happened to go the west huh? When in OOT it was in the south. The way the castle is and the geography from before all differs from OOT in such a way, it would have to be more than 100 years. No way can geography change positions like that in short of 300 years.

i dont recall Miyamoto EVER saying that AoL and LoZ came before OoT. when OoT came out he specifically said it was the first game in the timeline so im not sure where you got that info from.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
i dont recall Miyamoto EVER saying that AoL and LoZ came before OoT. when OoT came out he specifically said it was the first game in the timeline so im not sure where you got that info from.

That still doesn't change the fact that Miyamoto's information was wrong because of newly released games. And until the next Zelda comes out, Anouma is still just speculating.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
Some timelines say that ooT came first.. then mm... Possibly, Tp came in third... this show how The ooT/MM Link Grew up out of/ if not a part of Hyrule. During that time.. Gannondorf came back and got caught by the sages.. everyone still has the triforces they had in oOT.. so yeah.. that explains why Ganondorf has ages only 20 years.. cuz everyone else has too.. savvy

That still doesn't change the fact that Miyamoto's information was wrong because of newly released games. And until the next Zelda comes out, Anouma is still just speculating.

The question is, why would a guy who made a game "speculate" about it? I think if I made a game series, I would be pretty clear on what I was doing and what connections it made (if any) with its predecesors. Miyamoto said the first game was OoT back in 1998, yes, but since, Aonuma has also talked about WW taking place 100 years after OoT, and I'm pretty sure, thought I don't recall when or where I read it, that TP also takes place 100 years after OoT. Zemen isn't talking about 1998, he is talking about 2006, when new reports on the placement of games have been released by Aonuma. And like I said, you can't say the one who made the thing is speculating.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The question is, why would a guy who made a game "speculate" about it? I think if I made a game series, I would be pretty clear on what I was doing and what connections it made (if any) with its predecesors. Miyamoto said the first game was OoT back in 1998, yes, but since, Aonuma has also talked about WW taking place 100 years after OoT, and I'm pretty sure, thought I don't recall when or where I read it, that TP also takes place 100 years after OoT. Zemen isn't talking about 1998, he is talking about 2006, when new reports on the placement of games have been released by Aonuma. And like I said, you can't say the one who made the thing is speculating.

Remember that other companies have also released Zelda games (capcom) and Nintendo doesn't have all the info about their storylines (Ex: FSA and MC) so unless the next Zelda game is revealed, they are in the dark for what the future may hold.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Remember that other companies have also released Zelda games (capcom) and Nintendo doesn't have all the info about their storylines (Ex: FSA and MC) so unless the next Zelda game is revealed, they are in the dark for what the future may hold.

just because a different company funded the game doesnt mean that miyamoto and aonuma (?) didnt work on it. they still worked on they just had someone else paying the bills. based on what you just said, that would mean the games are not canon just because they are capcom games. this is not the case because those games do make connections with other games whether you like it or not. also, the remake of ALTTP has some aspects of FS tied into it and FSA was then created to be a prequel to ALTTP which means that the non capcom game was specifically remade to connect to a capcom series.

youre only reason not to believe the creators is the fact that there will be future games.

the point is that what the creators say is FACT until a game is created that changes that fact. but for now, it IS fact.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Recently in my "Link's Father" thread, I had brought up a question that somewhat challenges Anouma's (sp) claim of Twilight Princess being at least 100 years after OOT.

Why are OOT Link and Zelda dead, but not Ganondorf?

Apparently since it seems to be accepted that the Hero's Spirit is Link's father and OOT Link. Why is he dead and an old adult at that yet Ganondorf looks as if he has only aged at least 20 years from his child timeline appearance.

Before anyone goes saying "The Triforce of Power stilled his age." Let me ask something. If Ganondorf had the Triforce of power for 100 years, why is Aribiter Grounds not a big piece of rubble right now? Apparently this fact challenges the theory of how TP could be 100 years after OOT. I don't have answers, but I only have a suggestion that TP could probably be at least 50-60 years after OOT a reasonable amount of time to pass, but still questionable.

I believe that this is up for a debate.

Speaking of which, isn't a new Gerudo male supposed to be born every 100 years? Interesting how that hasn't come into play.

Oh, and you really should give a source of Anouma's statement.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Speaking of which, isn't a new Gerudo male supposed to be born every 100 years? Interesting how that hasn't come into play.

Oh, and you really should give a source of Anouma's statement.

why there isnt a new gerudo male is easily answered. OoT is the only game that shows the Gerudo (with the exception of MM but that doesnt take place long after OoT).

if there are no Gerudo in other games then obviously there wont be a new male.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
why there isnt a new gerudo male is easily answered. OoT is the only game that shows the Gerudo (with the exception of MM but that doesnt take place long after OoT).

if there are no Gerudo in other games then obviously there wont be a new male.

Ahhh... ok, I see. But why would Ganondorf be carried over if the Gerudo aren't? It's kinda confusing, but I think I understand your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom