• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Cave/Trial of the Beast Details

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
With Famitsu actually releasing, Nintendo Everything got the full idea of the article.

So, Trial of the Beast is a wolf Link only dungeon that goes down 40 floors. So it's basically the cave of ordeals for Wolf Link. However, other obstacles such as lava plumes will be present, unlike the cave of ordeals. It looks like you will be able to save what floor you are on, so you can then restart from there. If you beat it, than you get the bottomless wallet which holds 9999 rupees.

Hmm, I wonder if that will really be all that fun? Wolf Link's moveset is rather limited compared to regular Link. When I played the Cave of Ordeals I ocassionally switched to wolf form for some enemies, but playing a whole battle dungeon like that sounds tedious to me.

The under-utilization of Wolf Link was apparently a common complaint of the original (or people just like to complain about anything and everything), so I guess a good remedy for that would be a Wolf Link based dungeon. I was personally holding out for a more Cave of Ordeals-like dungeon instead of some half-hearted "real" dungeon, so that makes me happy on that front.

The real question is how early can this dungeon be accessed? It will be somewhat annoying if it's very late in the game, as I would like a larger wallet earlier than that.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Hmm, I wonder if that will really be all that fun? Wolf Link's moveset is rather limited compared to regular Link. When I played the Cave of Ordeals I ocassionally switched to wolf form for some enemies, but playing a whole battle dungeon like that sounds tedious to me.
Well, what they CAN do to improve Wolf Link's moveset is give him the Back Spin. Just side jump, roll over in a circle, and spin with that apparently-sharp tail of his! Not too sure about Helm Splitter, but Midna's B-Charge move makes up for Jump Strike, and The Great Spin isn't hard to replicate for W-Link.
Mortal Draw could be done by Wolf Link's idle-near-battle animation making him try to look cute, then when they get close enough, you do a basic jump attack that aims for their head, knocking them over for an OHKO.
They can also add new abilities entirely for Wolf Link just from Midna alone. Maybe instead of the Mortal Draw I said earlier, Midna could instead grab the enemy and they can both spin in a circle, launching the enemy like a projectile at others, the damage increasing with the size of the enemy itself.

Or we could just have more Goat-Based Enemies. That was always a fun part of the game.

Yeah, this is about what I expected when the leak about the dungeon first came out. It sounds like this will be a decent chunk of content on its own though, and I'm definitely glad to see it. The article also mentions some obstacles in the dungeon, like tiles shooting lava, which could add a little bit to the dungeon.

Now looking at the rest of the article, there's a couple of other interesting things to see:
  • If the whole double damage thing from Ganondorf works in addition to the increased damage from Hero Mode, that should be a nice addition in terms of difficulty.
  • The inventory screen has a new look, but more importantly, the screen has a new slot with the miiverse stamp in it.
  • The graphics still look underwhelming without model updates, but the shots of the dungeon look pretty nice, actually. The one picture with the fire dungeon actually looks really good, and the ice area doesn't look too bad either.
Might be more, but that's what I saw while going through everything.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah, this is about what I expected when the leak about the dungeon first came out. It sounds like this will be a decent chunk of content on its own though, and I'm definitely glad to see it. The article also mentions some obstacles in the dungeon, like tiles shooting lava, which could add a little bit to the dungeon.

Now looking at the rest of the article, there's a couple of other interesting things to see:
  • If the whole double damage thing from Ganondorf works in addition to the increased damage from Hero Mode, that should be a nice addition in terms of difficulty.
  • The inventory screen has a new look, but more importantly, the screen has a new slot with the miiverse stamp in it.
  • The graphics still look underwhelming without model updates, but the shots of the dungeon look pretty nice, actually. The one picture with the fire dungeon actually looks really good, and the ice area doesn't look too bad either.
Might be more, but that's what I saw while going through everything.
It really does look quite nice. I can quite live with this update. Everything looks very crisp, and clean, and even more detailed. Like you can see Midna's reflection on the ice. Which looks pretty neat(and will probably look even better in motion).... Hyrule Field still looks like crap though.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Hmm. Sounds pretty interesting. I generally enjoyed the wolf link sections, besides finding the tears of light of course. Plus, I mean, it's extra content, which just adds more of a reason to keep playing the game. I'll be looking forward to TP:HD when it launches.

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
The game looks incredibly clean, though it's still underwhelming in the sense that the models haven't been updated. As for the amiibo functionallity... Eh, the only two I'll use are Wolf Link and Ganondorf. Wolf Link because of the shadow cave and Zelda U integration, and Ganondorf because it'll give me more of a challenge. The Shadow Cave itself seems to be the Cave or Ordeals for Wolf Link. That being said, I feel that the Cave would get pretty boring after awhile due to Wolf Link's mediocre moveset.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I like how Link's beast form is getting his own dungeon, and since it not required, if you want to you don't have to.(Which is always a good design choice).

Got my Ganondorf amiibo today. I personally don't give a **** about these at all, but anything that gives me a challenge in a Zelda game is appreciated.

With Famitsu actually releasing, Nintendo Everything got the full idea of the article.

So, Trial of the Beast is a wolf Link only dungeon that goes down 40 floors. So it's basically the cave of ordeals for Wolf Link. However, other obstacles such as lava plumes will be present, unlike the cave of ordeals. It looks like you will be able to save what floor you are on, so you can then restart from there. If you beat it, than you get the bottomless wallet which holds 9999 rupees.
Did you hear soemthing about one of the amiibo healing you in a standard dungeon, the same number of hearts that you saved in this special twilight cave?
I'm not sxactly sure how this would work though.

Also a 9999 rupee wallet is kind of pointless when there's nothing even relotely close to 9999 rupees that you can buy. TPWii's max sized wallet catered more than enough for everything money could buy . . . (that magic armour excepted. I think the magic armour is the only reason having 9999 rupees is ever useful in the game)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom