• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twili in WW???

i dont know for sure but i found something very odd the barrier around hyrule castle, it looks nothing like it but it reminds me of the TP castle barrier, can only be broken by a certain force, and is around the castle. and i was looking at ganons tower and i noticed an eye looking thing but it looked like twili art

i might just be crazy but i think that the twili made a hidden appearance in the alternate time line

Pen

The game is on!
Well the theory about the barrier was interesting, and can be discussed further. However, the theory about the eye doesn't seem promising to me....
:triforce:

Djinn

and Tonic
Most likely the two barriers look similar because they were created using the same power of the same individual.

Remember Zant was using power granted from Ganondorf who still owned the Triforce of Power. And everything he did in the Light world of TP was due to Ganondorf's intervention. Including the barrier around Hyrule Castle. Well the barrier around the Hyrule Castle of Wind Waker was also crafted by Ganondorf so it would have a similar shape and look to it. Even if it was made by the gods who flooded Hyrule it would still look the same because we are still talking about the very same power of the same gods as the Triforce. So no matter who we are looking to for creating the barrier the exact same power source is used every time. Either the gods using the golden power, Ganondorf using the golden power, or Zant using the golden power.

It is possible that the barrier around Hyrule Castle in TP was made similar as a nod to WW which had a similar event.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Darnit Djinn you always beat me. xD
Actually the barrier in WW was constructed by Ganondorf himself in order to protect his tower until he had regained his full strength (Link had to use the MS in order to break the barrier, and in pulling the MS he released Ganondorf's "magic"). And I think the barrier in TP was created after we learned of Ganondorf right? Either way, as you said Zant was using Ganondorf's power. So both barriers were created by Ganondorf while in possession of the ToP.

The eye thing doesn't seem as likely. The story for TP hadn't been finalized, if even started, by WW's release, so they wouldn't be able to put such forward connections, only backwards ones in TP pointing to WW.

So the barrier in WW doesn't really have anything to do with the Twili, but the barrier in TP looks similar because it was cast by the same person on the other timeline.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
This isn't possible because WW was MUCH before TP, and the barriers were created by Ganon when he sealed Hyrule away.

Other things in wind waker seemed VERY twilight-ish

The boss Gohdan looked very twilight-ish, and the Floor-Masters were very twilight-ish too.

Maybe they has slight ideas long before tp, and the incorporated it into a few enemy designs before they put it in an actual game. Im sure that happens quite a bit.

Retsdob

Retsdob
Obviously since it is zelda they most likely just used the similar designs. There is probably no Hyrule-world correlation. That's like saying this Link has blonde hair...so does this one...They must be the same Link!(Reincarnation theories excluded.)

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Remember, the barrier that Ganondorf made on Hyrule Castle in TP wasn't Twili, it was Ganondorf's magic. Same in Wind Waker.

And they use eyes alot in Zelda games, but I would like to see a picture.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And I think the barrier in TP was created after we learned of Ganondorf right?

The barriere in TP was created after Zelda revived/healed Midna and vanished. We learned about Ganondorf after beating Stallord and when the Mirror was revealed.
The barriere created in the WW has nothing to do with the Twili. It has to do with the one who created it, Ganondorf

C

C_Dude1579

This cannot be true. WW came before TP. And that isn't even Twili. It was Gannondorf's magic. Same with the TP barrier around Hyrule Castle.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Eh. Doubt it. Everyone above me made excellent points. But actually, I think the barrier around hyrule castle in TP was put up BECAUSE Zelda revived Midna and vanished (one part of the game that still confuses me to this day), and that was a perfect chance for Ganondorf to take control of hyrule castle since Zelda was gone. That's what I think.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Eh, wasn't the thing around Hyrule Castle in TP a Gold Diamond? And the Barrier around Hyrule Castle in WW was a circular red glass-like thingy? Just sayin. . .

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Eh. Doubt it. Everyone above me made excellent points. But actually, I think the barrier around hyrule castle in TP was put up BECAUSE Zelda revived Midna and vanished (one part of the game that still confuses me to this day), and that was a perfect chance for Ganondorf to take control of hyrule castle since Zelda was gone. That's what I think.

I think that Zelda gave Midna the triforce of wisdom, due to the fact that before zelda revues Midna she is all shadow like but after you see her perfectly fine. And you could see Zelda in the twilight before but not after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom