• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Tutorial: Making a Signature (GIMP Users Only)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Okay and about cutting

Open a new document with the dimensions of 1000 by 1000. Once the document is open, paste the picture you want to cut your render out of. Click the lasso looking tool in your toolbox and click outside of the picture. This is so it will become apart of the background. Click on the first spot you'd like to cut your render out and go from there. Once you get to the end, click on the first place you started cutting. Then copy the render by hitting Ctrl + C on your keyboard. Paste it into whatever you're making by hitting Ctrl + V.

Open a new document with the dimensions of 1000 by 1000. Once the document is open, paste the picture you want to cut your render out of. Click the lasso looking tool in your toolbox and click outside of the picture. This is so it will become apart of the background. Click on the first spot you'd like to cut your render out and go from there. Once you get to the end, click on the first place you started cutting. Then copy the render by hitting Ctrl + C on your keyboard. Paste it into whatever you're making by hitting Ctrl + V.

Wow... you do it way differently than me. I have always done it the long way... >.< But, I am satisfied with my results. ^^ But... I may consider that way when rendering something with a background with a solid color next time... :sweat:

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Just a little recommendation when making your sig, if you're going to increase the canvas size, don't make what goes outside the original height and width touch the borders of the canvas addition. It doesn't look very nice. Trust me, I've made that mistake and have gone back several times to fix that.

Just thought I'd let you know that! ;)

You mean how the brush strokes kind of get cut of right? If so, that shouldn't be to crazily hard to fix.

LozzyKate

You mean how the brush strokes kind of get cut of right? If so, that shouldn't be to crazily hard to fix.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Put them at the right spot so they look like they could go on forever. Also, if you ever need to fix or change something (and this is to everyone), save your project as a .xcf file so you can go back and change things later. It's kind of hard to change things on a .jpg or .png file.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Hey Lozzy I made a SS Siggy want to see it here
nwfyfp.jpg
[/IMG]

LozzyKate

Hey Lozzy I made a SS Siggy want to see it here
nwfyfp.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent work, Josie. The more you practice with this, I'm telling you, you'll get a lot better. You should just look at what my sigs looked like when I started. Lol.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Thanks well I was pending to use a other one but Beeker gave me this one to do it was perfect to do

LozzyKate

Okay, so it's come to my attention that if you're making a signature, you may want new fonts (Zelda related or something different [doesn't really matter]). To do that you have to search for a certain type of font that you would like to download. If you are looking for a Zelda font, search "Zelda font downloads" in whatever search engine you prefer to use.

From there, you're going to download your font. Once you download it, it may be in a ZIP file (if you don't know how to extract files from them, you can refer to the first post in this thread). Once you have extracted the files that are in the folder, you're then going to select the file that's in the folder. It should look like this:

font.jpg

It won't have that file name specifically, so you can ignore that. The icon should just look like that. From there, you're going to right click on it. Then, click on install.

font1.jpg

A box should pop up asking for permission for you to install the file into your fonts folder. Hit the OK button. You should now have the font in your fonts folder in your computer. If you don't know how to access that, go to Start > Control Panel > Classic View (if you have Vista...) > Fonts. Then you'll see a list of all the fonts you have.

I hope this helps you all out! ;)

NOTE: Open GIMP afterwords and click on the A button in your toolbox. Click the drop-down menu where you see the name of the font and you should see the font there in the list as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom