• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Turtle Rock

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I didn't know where to post this, but since there is a GBA version of ALttP, I'll put this here.
I want to know from you guys which Turtle Rock you thought was better (ALttP or LA). I personally think the Turtle Rock in ALttP was better, but that's just me. What do you guys think?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I haven't gotten to Turtle Rock in ALttP yet, but I'll say that for me it's got a lot to live up to!
The difficulty in LA's Turtle Rock was spot on: too much for my 10 year old self, but just right now.
My favorite part is when you have to kill those Dodongo (snakes?) from the ledge. It took me so long to figure it out and victory was sweet. Also, LA had that kick-butt side scrolling action.

Kybyrian

I really liked A Link to the Past, and I really liked mostly everything about it. Turtle Rock, however, wasn't one of those things. For some reason Turtle Rock was just horrible for me. I don't quite know what it was, but I just didn't enjoy it. In LA, however, Turtle Rock was one of the various things I loved in the game.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I can't really remember LA's Turtle Rock, but I absolutely love aLttP's. It's a pretty straight forward dungeon, but it gets really nerve racking at some parts, like when you have to maneuver that platform through a maze in a dark room while dodging fire arms, and the constant threat of running out of magic. I also like how it weaves in and out of the side of the mountain, allowing you to return to the Light World in the middle of the dungeon. It was interesting that this is the only dungeon in aLttP that is inside a cave. Oh, and it also housed one of my favorite bosses in the game; Trinexx.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I played LA but never reached Turtle Rock. But the one in alttp was pretty good because there were parts where it went outside so you could save there instead of starting from the main entrance if you ever died. Some parts were annoying but I don't remember which.

I loved Turtle Rock in LA because to get in, you have to kill the dungeon itself! (The turtle head that comes out) And because it was very hard.

I liked ALttP's Turtle Rock better because of the difficulty and feel. OoT originally had a Turtle Rock as well. It, in the current version, is called Dodongo Cavern. i like that one better than ALttP's Turtle Rock, but that is no longer a Turtle Rock so ALttP.

UPDATE: Please provide a valid reason before deREPing. Also, please do not assume somebody talks in a rude or know-it-all tone online.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom