• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tunic Options

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was meaning to post something like this earlier today but I never got to it...well anyway, I'd like to ask about tunic options. Has there been anything confirmed besides the green outfit? If there ARE other tunics out there (I suspect it will be "upgrade-able" much like everything else supposedly is), what do you want to see? Personally, I'd like to see the basic recolors (like Goron Tunic, Zora Tunic were in OoT) with special effects, spectacular suits of armor like the Magic Armor from TP and I would also like to play through the entire game with the Skyloft Clothes on much like you could on a second replay of The Wind Waker. You have to admit, those look really fitting for someone like Link!

I am pretty sure that there will be more than one tunic for this game, how many there are however is gonna be hard to guess. One idea I came up with is a tunic that can protect you from poisonous air, like a dungeon could be in a place with toxic air and you need to find that tunic to get into the dungeon/area.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
As an alternative to different colored tunics I think there will be outfits. Like Skyloft clothes, the Hero's Clothes etc. that's not to say a Zora Tunic won't show up, but that too was like an outfit in TP. I hope there are a variation of these tunics that would change Link's entire costume in more of a way than just a color swap like in OoT. For Instance a fire tunic with no cap (because it's too hot in a fire based dungeon) keep the pants and then Natsu_Anime_S2.jpg and all of Link's gear: the Master Sword, Hylian Shield, plus Link's belt, and gauntlets.

I also really want to see Link with a scarf and no hat on like in the picture above, it would help to keep the traditional set of clothes from becoming overused and dull.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've seen that character from this anime, I can't remember what it's called. I want to say Saiyuki but I know that isn't it...

Anyway, that's a really good idea and I'd also like to see Link's hair flowing instead of his cap, just for another change even if it's minor. Maybe we could have the option of cap on, cap off?

And this is just comic relief, but if Link could get a trench coat something like this 180px-Jin_Kazama_Tekken_6_BR.jpg, that would also be really cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sorry ss101, I was just thinking about what it would look like. Thief Link ftw, just saying.

What tunics do I want to see in Skyward Sword? A NEW ONE. Jeez, in Ocarina of Time the had the Goron Tunic and the Zora Tunic... In Twilight Princess they brought the new Magic Armor which you got at the end of the game and barely used. I want to see a Tunic that will let Link be stronger. I personally think it should be black and he should get it at the local YMCA in Castle Town. JUST KIDDING :D I really don't care wether Link wears his green tunic or any other tunic. But I do think the Skyloftian Clothes idea would be AWESOME. Like if you get a certain number of stamps in Spirit Tracks you'll get your engineer clothes back form Niko.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well sort of like that but I want the option for Skyloft Clothes by default, I don't want to have to do some tedious sidequest. I wouldn't mind having to beat the final boss first since we had to in TWW, but not something like the stamps. Those kinds of things make me think and I'm a horrible thinker xD

M

Mule-Kick

I don't really have any ideas but I would like it if there were multiple outfits to be obtained along the way. It just adds a bit of variety. I like the idea of all of them having specific powers but even if the changes are purely cosmetic it would be a welcome addition.

D

DarthNecromancy

It might be neat to see Link 'assemble' the Hero's Clothes during the game. It would fit in well with idea of upgrading all your items throughout the game. Maybe the green tunic grants you more armor, the leather gauntlets make you stronger, the cap gives you enchanced sight, a blue cap allows you to breathe under water, etc.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The last time Link had a tunic that could be changed was in Twilight Princess, yet before then, it was Ocarina of Time. There was a long period of time between those two games, and Ocarina of Time offered three tunics, two of which have special abilities. Twilight Princess has one alternative tunic with only one ability.

I'm not including magic armor in this one, but it seems as though the magic of the Zelda series is slowly but surely receding out. However, from what I've seen in the few Skyward Sword trailers, there may be a chance that tunics could be possible. They live in a rather impressive place up in Skyloft; they could have had the ability to create tunics for those brave enough to enter the world below.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Unless I have bad eyes, i am sure I saw Link with A goron/red tunic on near the end of the video, with the rock/lava creature.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I personally don't think we'll be seeing different tunics. We've seen Link in a dungeon surrounded by magma with a green tunic, just like in Twilight Princess. And the Zora Armor/Blue Tunic was made by King Zora himself in Ocarina of Time, which comes after Skyward Sword. I may be wrong, but that's my take on it.

Unless I have bad eyes, i am sure I saw Link with A goron/red tunic on near the end of the video, with the rock/lava creature.

I believe what you're referring to is known as a Fire Rocktite (unofficially named), and, no, Link didn't have a red tunic on. It was a normal green tunic.

247473_10150319078368294_82676373293_9720264_6339357_n.jpg

*Image from Zelda Dungeon's facebook page*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom