• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tunic Expansion

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
Hey, Chaos here, with a question that allows you to reach into your gears of imagination you have collecting dust in your head.

My question for the time is: if you could create some sort of NEW tunic with a NEW ability to bring to the table, what would it be?

So, for examples, the Goron tunic allows heat resistance, the Zora tunic allows water movement and under water breathing, the magic armor allows invincibility (for a literal price) and the hero's tunic gives you disappointment (also the ability to wear your pajamas while killing the prince of darkness :D)

So if you could come up with a schtick for Link's tunic, what would it be?

My idea: The Shadows tunic. Link in unable to use his weapons while using this (regular items are ok) but as a reward, he is completely invisible to enemies and immune to traps and dangerous hazards, as long as he stays out of brightly lit areas.

This could add and aspect where, say for example,... he has to cross a poisonous lake/floor, and must blow out torches as he moves along.

I like the idea of a shadow tunic, you'd probably have to find Dark Link, beat him up and strip him for it though. I do like the idea of invisibility though, it'd be a new/better way of doing stealth in Zelda aside from THE GUARDS SPOTTING YOU.

I've got a couple of tunic ideas, The first being an Ice tunic, i think if they re-introduced the magic meter and gave Link and enchantment style ability, he could turn the Zora tunic into an ice tunic for limited periods of time and walk across water, turning it to ice with each step so that he doesn't fall through.
Same idea with perhaps a 'magma tunic' enchant it to swim through magma and lava...

Aside from those two though which need a system that isn't there... perhaps a Shiekah tunic, some stylish white cloth tunic with a red eye and tear which could let Link use an unlimited but weak amount of projectile weapons like Shiek does in SSB, or perhaps an item like a chain or special type of magic is exclusive to that tunic and only accessible while wearing it... could work

we may even see a space tunic at some point too to help Link breath out in the cosmos....

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ah fizz, I really wanted to do a ridiculously long thread about tunics :sadfaec:

Anyway, I'm not so sure about the shadow tunic, but the base Forest Fire Water tunics and maybe the good ol' Magic Armor would fit me just fine. It would add to customizability along with just little aesthetic designs. I personally loved running around in TP wearing the Magic Armor because it looked cool; I didn't much care for the effects although they're definitely a bonus.

Wii U should feature multiple tunics and armor choices, just my opinion.

Tunics have always been one of my favorite aspects of Zelda games and it was heartbreaking to see Skyward Sword largely devoid of the element. The Goron Tunic and Magic Armor are my personal favorites.

Tunic expansion, eh? Personally, I'd like to see an invisibility tunic in the future. It would certainly be interesting to catch enemies off guard. Just imagine the startled expression of a Bokoblin caught off guard. With such great ability, however, comes great cost therefore I propose a rupee sucking system much like the Magic Armor in Twilight Princess.

wedge47 said:
How about a winged tunic that would allow Link to fly for a short period of time.

The problem with introducing a flight ability for Link in the franchise is crossing the boundaries of overpowering the tunic as well as remaining in the realm of practicality for the franchise.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The problem with introducing a flight ability for Link in the franchise is crossing the boundaries of overpowering the tunic as well as remaining in the realm of practicality for the franchise.

Actually, Roc's Cape served pretty much the same purpose although it was mostly jumping and momentary floating. It wouldn't break the game in any case, 'specially since the wings coudl totally use the Magic Meter or something. It would be fantastic, and less mechanized like the yonder days of old.

Actually, Roc's Cape served pretty much the same purpose although it was mostly jumping and momentary floating. It wouldn't break the game in any case, 'specially since the wings coudl totally use the Magic Meter or something. It would be fantastic, and less mechanized like the yonder days of old.

if that was in a 3d game there would be a lot of holes around :-/ i hate holes. Could have totally used Roc's Cape in OoT though instead of hover boots.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Personally, I think an armored tunic would be sweet. It would basically be a heavy armor, and when you get it, you cannot sprint, you sink in water, and it would be a little bit harder to use the bow (like longer to load), but in return, you take half damage.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I've got a couple of tunic ideas, The first being an Ice tunic, i think if they re-introduced the magic meter and gave Link and enchantment style ability, he could turn the Zora tunic into an ice tunic for limited periods of time and walk across water, turning it to ice with each step so that he doesn't fall through.

sounds like a rip off of Ice Mario,therefore might as well put ice flowers in the game :lol:

i only thought of a space tunic that allows link to breath in space,but then i think 'wait.......zelda's NEVER going to go into space'[zelda the series,by the way]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom