• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tsunami & Earthquake Japan V/S Gaming Industry

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
After this whole Tsunami in Japan, gamers on the internet have mixed opinions about this. I noticed this here at ZD and also on IGN.

Some people are worried about the gaming industry, while the others critisize them that there are lives at stake so games is the last thing you should be worried about.

As for my personal opinion, it is both. Of course i feel bad for Japan and at the same time i was wondering about the gaming industry. To be honest, the gaming industry was the first thing that came in my mind. It may be a selfish tought, but the truth is that gaming is a huge part of my life.

Some people are worried about delays, i think thats worse then being selfish. I was more worried about the gaming indurstry in general.
Example: if Miyamoto died because of this, nintendo may not be the same anymore. That would totally suck!

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Gaming is also an important part of my life, as I look towards it for enjoyment and relaxations. However, with the case at hand, I realize that if the development of some games are postponed, it is not their fault. They developers have their concerns too, what if some of their relatives were affected by this in someway? This would surely cause them to take a break from their job and attend the other concerns. At the moment, I am more concerned about the people than I am about game development.

I do expect an interview or something like that discussing how the earthquake has affected the gaming industry, whether they will delay some games because of what happened or whether the earthquake has not affected the games at all.

Emma

Eye See You
Site Staff
In light of the nuclear disaster, production delays would probably be very likely. Those power stations provided a large amount of Japan's electricity, and it's to the point now that no matter what happens those plants will probably never be operational again. The power will have to be replaced with the construction of new stations, which could take months. I would be surprised if some games are delayed by months or even a year. But then again, we don't know the exact situation of the gaming industry because at this point the safety of everyone's lives in the areas affected is the more important concern.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I'm not terribly worried about the gaming, more of an afterthought. Though I wouldn't think any less of anyone who does. Caring about one thing does not detract from caring about another thing.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
It is complicated...

For non-Japanese gamers, we only recognize Japan for Nintendo so its normal we get concerned. But as human beings we must care of all the people in Japan, I mean an earthquake and a tsunami the same day is pretty rough...

So yeah, its not that you dont care but simply you just care about what affects your life, in this case Nintendo

So far, it seems Nintendo wouldn't be affected in too large of a way. Nintendo and no one "incredibly important" (no idea how to rephrase that) to Nintendo was injured, and the building itself is fine. On the other hand, Japan as a whole and how people buy, produce or sell will probably be affected significantly.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I'm more worried about the people than the gaming industry.
Does it suck that Nintendo and game releases could be affected? Absolutely.
But by far the most important to me is the Japanese people and I will be praying for the grieving families.
However, I don't really look down on people who are concerned about the game releases, because it would really suck if they have to be pushed back. It's just not my top concern.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I have to be honest, when I first heard about it I thought of Miyamoto (he is one of my favorite people). But then I was instantly sick to my stomach thinking about the people of Japan. Japan has been a great ally to the U.S. ever since WW2 ended so I feel for them. The U.S. needs to help Japan to remain allies with such a strong country.

I just hope this tragedy won't become much worse. The people of Japan are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

linkman8

True and Noble
Naturally the first inclination for the average person would be to wonder how the industry in general will be affected in Japan, and thus how other countries' industries will be affected as well, but instead I'm more concerned about the people of Japan right now. I sincerely hope that they can quickly rectify the issue with their nuclear reactors and I hope that they receive enough humanitarian aid to clean up their countrysides and provide medical attention to those who need it. As others have said, the gaming industry comes as a bit of an afterthought in a time like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom