• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Truth About Shields!

Con-man

Master Swordsman
I would like for there to be a 4th shield kind of like the mirror shield, ya know, optional, but very helpful.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
The Mirror Shield (if there is one) could be used for magic attack reflection. It could break easier (the term Mirror Shield would be more literal than it's ever been).

Yes! That would be perfect! Except I hope they dont actually break, that would suck having to get it again every time it broke, especially if getting involved a sidequest. Maybe they just run out of energy or whatever, and you cant use them til they charge up again?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Yes! That would be perfect! Except I hope they dont actually break, that would suck having to get it again every time it broke, especially if getting involved a sidequest. Maybe they just run out of energy or whatever, and you cant use them til they charge up again?

Or maybe the sidequest could involve finding a smith who can forge you one with your rupees! I can already see it, he'd need about, say, 1000 rupees for it.

Technically, he isn't charging you for the shield. That would make it a nightmare to get, but sweet when you finally get it!

And a big "nooooooooooo" when it breaks.

Last edited:
I dont think the hylian shield will break, maybe it can be just...uh..out of power? xP, ahhhh those shield AA batteries run out so fast xD

the other shields can break as many times as they want :P

BTW, since the item changing is now real time, I was wondering if the items just pop out, suddenly appear or what :hmm:

EDIT: you know, maybe the hylian shield can break, if it has been eaten before by those like like I dont see why not, I love it, but there has been many hylian shields, is not the master sword, I think you understand me

BUT, I think it may be you "anytime" shield, it works in many situations, but the wooden and iron shield have more special abilities. As it would be able to work in many normal situations and it would be very durable, it can be much more expensive than the others

some one thinks there would be a way to fill up the shield metter?

...seeing as how one of the shields in the demo (Wooden Shield?) appeared to be all taped up or sewn together. :/

Vibed

must read before he posts
Knowing Nintendo, they wouldn't add an RPG like system of strengths and weaknesses if the equipment didn't have distinct advantages and disadvantages.

I mean, look at the shields, you can easily tell them from weakest to strongest. Now look at tunics, boots, and swords from OoT for example. The blue tunic was weak against fire, but was the only one that could go underwater, vice versa for the red one. The boots ranged from normal to slow to slippery, but they each could do different things. With the swords, Biggoron was stronger, but couldn't hold a shield.

I think swapping shields will be more of a "just in case" backup affair if a shield breaks. That fits, considering it's in there with potions which are backups.

EDIT: Many previews are saying all the shields can break, that's why they give you back ups.

Last edited:
That sounds like it blows but at the same time sounds interesting. I wonder if the game will show the Mirror Shield?

@Hero_in_Green
DUDE, great theory. Maybe having the wooden shield will make your stamina/running meter deplete slower. Well that would be a good idea I think...

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Or maybe the sidequest could involve finding a smith who can forge you one with your rupees! I can already see it, he'd need about, say, 1000 rupees for it.

Technically, he isn't charging you for the shield. That would make it a nightmare to get, but sweet when you finally get it!

And a big "nooooooooooo" when it breaks.
Exactly like me when I broke my Biggoron Sword.

nothing really new, but here is some info from IGN

IGN guy said:
Shields can break.
The idea of item depletion isn't exactly new. Remember how your wooden shield in Ocarina of Time could burn away? This time around, two of your shields - wood and iron - can be broken when a meter wears down. It's also worth noting that there seems to be a standard count of three shields in the game - Wood, Iron and Hylian.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1175200p1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom