• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trust Nintendo, Just a Little Bit!

M

mockat96

Hi guys!

The way I see it, the Zelda world is filled with people who want Zelda to stay the same, people who want to have it mimic Xbox games, etc, etc. Whenever Nintendo is about to make a decision, we predict. We pressure and argue over what would be the best one. And after decisions are made, we smirk, gripe, or simply raise an eyebrow, depending on our opinions. But what nobody seems to want to do is just trust Nintendo.

Nintendo has done the right thing in the past, coming up with new ideas as needed. Sure, there have been dips and dives (e.g. Phantom Hourglass), but at least the Zelda series has stayed more or less up there with the better games. I understand the speculation, the jubilant cries, and the complaints, but what I don't understand is the attempt to pressure. Does anybody believe that Nintendo visits this site every day and tries to please us? No. Sure they visit it every once in a while, see what the public opinion is, but in the end they'll most likely do what they were planning to do anyway, unless a Zelda genius comes up or a great idea forms within the company.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that predictions are good, speculation is good, complaints/Mario-style "A-whahoos" are good, but let's stop being nasty and/or trying to pressure Nintendo into doing anything. Those awesome people who work on Zelda are their own group, and they don't need to rival Monster Hunter Tri's graphics.

To be honest, I feel as thought Zelda should be consistent enough to satisfy the traditionalist, and yet revolutionary enough to satisfy, well, everyone else. But maybe that's just me.

Have a little faith, people!

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I couldn't agree more with this statement. We should just be grateful that we have the Zelda games and Nintendo to begin with. The Nintendo crew is always hard a work to make something fantastic for their customers. We should be thankful for that. What a great way to start here at ZD Mocket96!

Beeker

Wild Card
Am with Kate here. Though the fans get a little input, most of the stuff is decided by Nintendo, and they rarely have screwed up on a Zelda game. It is one of their most popular(if not the most)franchises, so they would never let it slip that easily. And they pour the time into these games to make them the highest quality they can. I respect them for doing their own thing instead of following trends.

I'm welcoming these changes that they're making because I trust Nintendo in what they're doing. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing more than us.(unless you are a game developer).

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say. Nintendo knows what they're doing and they're trying to make the best games they can. Yelling at them online and saying things like "nintendo sucks" isn't going to change anything.
I'm open to changes, I'll wait and see what nintendo has in store for us, and I'm sure they'll bring us a wonderful game.

Kybyrian

One of the better posts I've seen on this forum as of late.

I have something to say, though. No matter what's said, people will always want things to go the way they want to. You won't ever stop people from complaining and speculating, it's a half of the Zelda community that does such. I've done my share of suggestions, complaints, speculations and the like myself.

Very good post, I feel this way too!

Actually, we Zelda fans shouldn't even complain!! OK, just kidding, a healthy complain is good since it may help Nintendo to improve the game and understand what the community apreciated the most. :cool:

But what I mean is that the Zelda franchise is one of the most high rated series in existence, one of the oldest, and certainly the one that most propels it's fan base to discuss about it. Do you know any other franchise that has people seriously thinking about it, making theories, observing each and every detail of it's story, investigating, etc? ;)

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
YES! Zelda is very important to Nintendo. They take their time making quality Zelda games and rarely let us down. Zelda is not Mario Party or Wii Sports. It's not just thrown together quickly with little thought or effort. There's a whole lot of ideas and testing before they figure out what works the best. Zelda games are always at their best. Nintendo knows how to make good decisions. They're definitely the inovators of the video game business and they take risks which almost always pay off (examples: motion controls, touch screen, casual gaming, 3d, etc.)Although there will always be people complaining and criticizing, you just gotta have faith in Nintendo to make a good quality Zelda game. Have they ever let us down?

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
*Standing ovation*

I find it sad that complaints have become inevitable. If you think about it, Nintendo can never entirely win. There will forever be an unsatisfied group of "Zelda fans".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom