• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Trouble

I can’t seem too get my Sheikah Slate to give me my directions too seek out Impa.
I am so lost.
I am not a gamer. Just love playing the Zelda games.
I got the Switch Light. Doing the quarantine. I started playing but didn’t very far. Which upset me.
I found a tee shirt that was red and had the switch logo on it.
Buti didn’t have a axe to cut down the tree. To get to the side off the mountain. Grrr so I started a new game.
plus I can’t shoot the bow.
iam just a grandma that loves the games.
I am in no hurry.
any help I would appreciate it.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Hey there grandma. To use your bow, you'll need to press and hold the "ZR" button, which is the trigger on the back right of the controller. You can press minus to open up your map, and quests will appear with a small yellow circle. As for the axe, if you just spend time going where you can, you'll find one soon enough.

Breath of the Wild as a game really asks you to make your own fun, so you'll probably be lost a lot. Try to make the most of it when you are, though. Hope this helps!

I can’t seem too get my Sheikah Slate to give me my directions too seek out Impa.

The - buttons opens the Sheikh slate so you can view the map. Pressing + opens the adventure log so you can set that quest to active if it isn't already.

Alternatively, go hard-core and don't use the map. The King directs you East to the Duelling Peaks. If you follow the road through there, you'll find people who can give you directions. Don't forget to read the roadsides when you come across them.

Buti didn’t have a axe to cut down the tree. To get to the side off the mountain.

There's one around the old man's cabin. If you're talking about getting to the stasis shrine, funnily enough I mostly went over the top by going through the cold area and climbing down.

plus I can’t shoot the bow.

As Moe said, ZR is the take out the bow button. Hold ZR to aim and release to fire. But make sure you have arrows to fire. Bobbling archers often drop them. Also, if you get an archer's attention, he'll start shooting at you. If you keep your distance but run around a lot, he'll mostly miss and sometimes, the arrows will get stuck in the ground so you can pick them up.

Grandma you can find an axe as you come down the hill from the Cave of Resurrection there is one just beyond the old man sitting by the fire.
The Shrines on the Plateau will give you all sorts of Runes like a bomb that you can use to get fire wood, move heavy metal objects and more.....make sure you are away from a bomb before detonating it or you will blow up with it.
Kill any enemies you can then pick up whatever they leave, sometimes arrows and their horns fangs etc. you can sell anything you don’t want for Rupees. Talk to anyone/everyone you will get side quests and find traders to buy and sell.

If you press the + button (top right) then the L button (top left rear) that will open the Quests then slid big left button either way to look at different types of Quests.
When you find one you want, like seek out Impa press the A button.
Press B to close this and use the - button to look at map and you will find a glowing dot, make your way there and stop to talk to Nanna At entrance to village.
Talk to people you will find a lot that way.

OK I have a question I am trying to the Shrine Where the winds guide you. I can’t get my switch light to jump and the use the X button to pull out my paraglider.
I need the weapo. Can’t get it. I have tried too many times.

You have to get near the edge, jump off (use X) use X again once you are in the air to open Paraglider.
So that’s a double press of X. Make sure you are in the wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom