• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ohh, I don't have good reads do I? Told y'all people had to flip before you could try to use that against me. Haha.

For a voyeur result I'll say I saw noone targetting you last night.

Looks like Ex didn't get any good results unfortunately. The you in this case was Kreaal.

Seems like SMS is pretty much town after that. I don't know if Silver is as cleared but he looks pretty dang town.

Of the votes on Kreaal Libk's probably looks the easiest for bussing scum. I'd need to go back and look at if he talked about Kreaal any d1. Though Kreaal and Libk were both pretty hard on Moe. So there's some small connection there at least.

I could see Rubik potentially bussing there, since at the time it wasn't a sure thing for Kreaal. But I don't plan on lynching him anytime soon.

Doc and FG are still probably my main scumleans now. Johnny and Kirino are kinda in PoE now. I still don't think Kirino has been particularly scummy though and could have just been misguided town, but I'm more open into looking more into him at this point. Moe defended Kreaal quite a lot, but I don't know if scum Kreaal busses Moe that hard for basically no reason if they're scumbuds. I do think scum Moe would defend his scumbud though. I don't think Moe is a fan of bussing (may just be sunfan I'm thinking of), but he's not highest on my list of scum leans due to how Kreaal went pretty hard on him. Out of say Moe and Kirino, Kirino would look a bit more like how I'd think Kreaal might bus, with town reading him but throwing a quick vote on him to "prove" to Ex that they weren't scumbuds. Actually, hmm that is a point against Kirino. But damn, I did think Kirino was the sensible town Kirino instead of coldblooded manipulative scum Kirino.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
did you mean kirino sided with Kreaal D1? And is that inherently scummy?
Maybe sided was a bad choice of words? Yes he did on D1, but I was referring to this post from D2 mostly.

I don’t think there’s much reason to believe I killed Flarg. In addition to what others have said: if I was really scumbuds with Kreaal and wanted to save him so badly, then why kill one of his main defenders? And while I did want to avoid a Kreaal lynch yesterday (although I wanted to avoid a tie more), that’s just because I think he’s town.

As for me waiting to vote SMS, I think this is pretty typical of me, especially given the caveat I expressed in my post. Moreover, if I were scumbuds with SMS and trying to bus him, as Johnny suggested, then you’d think I’d want to vote him as early as possible for max towncred rather than hesitating and waiting for others to weigh in, otherwise it’d defeat the entire purpose of bussing. I think that Johnny’s suspicion of me is incoherent for this reason.

In general, I think Ex’s reasoning has been off all game, mostly with his tunneling of Kreaal, which I think has also led him into this suspicion of me. That doesn’t necessarily make me scum read him, as in both the games I played where he was scum, he came across as very reasonable to me. I think I agree with Minish that he’s been displaying both town and scum aspects this game and it’s been making it difficult to read him. As for Minish, while I don’t really like her Kreaal vote, she has decent reasoning for it and had the basis set up early with her takes on how Kreaal played last game, so I’m still feeling positive about her. I need to look more closely into her, though, and at a few players now that I think about it.

Anyway, I’m on break now, so I probably won’t be able to post again until I get off work.

Kirino uses it to defend Kreaal and tosses key shade around. I'll admit I'm probably wrong about SMS being scum, he's likely town. However, Kirino did vote SMS D1, only after I initiated the wagon AND Kreaal had joined. He tries to explain away Flarg's death and then tries to lay the ground for Ex and Min both being scum later on. This is done to make them null reads and setup for potential mislynches, using the sentiment other players have also stated having towards those two. We now know Ex is Town, I'm willing to believe Min is town too.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm down for the extension

Vote: 72 Hours

dc906193c8804853019bc397fc94300f.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ohh, I don't have good reads do I? Told y'all people had to flip before you could try to use that against me. Haha.

Looks like Ex didn't get any good results unfortunately. The you in this case was Kreaal.

Seems like SMS is pretty much town after that. I don't know if Silver is as cleared but he looks pretty dang town.

Of the votes on Kreaal Libk's probably looks the easiest for bussing scum. I'd need to go back and look at if he talked about Kreaal any d1. Though Kreaal and Libk were both pretty hard on Moe. So there's some small connection there at least.

I could see Rubik potentially bussing there, since at the time it wasn't a sure thing for Kreaal. But I don't plan on lynching him anytime soon.

Doc and FG are still probably my main scumleans now. Johnny and Kirino are kinda in PoE now. I still don't think Kirino has been particularly scummy though and could have just been misguided town, but I'm more open into looking more into him at this point. Moe defended Kreaal quite a lot, but I don't know if scum Kreaal busses Moe that hard for basically no reason if they're scumbuds. I do think scum Moe would defend his scumbud though. I don't think Moe is a fan of bussing (may just be sunfan I'm thinking of), but he's not highest on my list of scum leans due to how Kreaal went pretty hard on him. Out of say Moe and Kirino, Kirino would look a bit more like how I'd think Kreaal might bus, with town reading him but throwing a quick vote on him to "prove" to Ex that they weren't scumbuds. Actually, hmm that is a point against Kirino. But damn, I did think Kirino was the sensible town Kirino instead of coldblooded manipulative scum Kirino.
Yeah Moe town reading Kreaal so much was odd, but Kreaal was wanting to yeet Moe so hard. Idk if I'm willing to explore the avenue of Moe and Kreaal distancing as scumbuds just yet, but if things begins to not add up then we'll have to take it into consideration. Right now though I feel like that isn't the play that was going on, but it depends on the results of a few more flips.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think anyone familiar with my play would realize that I'd be more like to have bussed Kreaal, and it'd be out of character for me to so adamantly defend such a suspicious partner. I'm also not the only one who did so.
He tries to explain away Flarg's death and then tries to lay the ground for Ex and Min both being scum later on. This is done to make them null reads and setup for potential mislynches, using the sentiment other players have also stated having towards those two.
I'm not sure how you got this from my post. I was explicitly scum reading Ex early on during D1, and then certain aspects of his playstyle that I pointed out made me switch to null reading him, which would be pretty odd if I were trying to set up a lynch. As for Minish, I've been town reading her all game, and only stated that I could stand to look more closely.

Anyway, I find myself focused on Johnny now. He did suspect Kreaal early on, but ended up dropping it in favor of SMS. Some of the reasoning he used to justify the target switch was odd:
Kreaal reveals more, but I think Kreaal reveals more alive too. Gonna think on it a bit more and see.
This obviously just isn't true, and he never explained what he meant by it, even though Moe questioned him.

Then, on D2, he didn't really focus on Kreaal at all and mostly just went after me, which he's also doing today.

Libk, FG, and Rubik are all people I'm going to have to ISO before giving thoughts on.
kirino trending down for flopping on kirino without much context
?
as you can see, Kirino, Rubik, and Libk were all off wagon d1 but joined the wagon d2
I didn't join any wagon D2.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Vote Count:
Kirino (1) - Johnny Sooshi
Rubik (1) - Moe the Moblin
Moe the Moblin (1) - Rubik

Not Voting: Morbid Minish, Kirino, Silverfish, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Doc, Libk, Funnygurl555

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to hammer. Day 3 will end on Monday, January 25th at 8:00pm MST.

Extension Count:
48 hours (0)
72 hours (6) - Rubik, Funnygurl555, Morbid Minish, SMS, Johnny Sooshi, Kirino

With a hammer majority on an extension, Day 3 will now end on Tuesday, January 26th at 8:00pm MST. Someone else will still probably have to post Twilight/EOD but I can at least make future deadlines beyond that. Thank you all for your understanding and patience. :pikalove:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Anyway, I find myself focused on Johnny now. He did suspect Kreaal early on, but ended up dropping it in favor of SMS. Some of the reasoning he used to justify the target switch was odd:
This obviously just isn't true, and he never explained what he meant by it, even though Moe questioned him.
Thought I had answered but it might've gotten lost as a draft or something on mobile. Anyway, the statement, at that point in time, was because Kreaal was posting continuously and I was pretty sus on him, SMS, and Silver. Silver at the time hadn't posted quite as much, and imo, a more talkative player, like Kreaal, is more likely to spill something inadvertently. Seeing as Kreaal came out of D1 looking really bad, and you both piled on SMS, Kreaal flipping scum wasn't a huge surprise. Thus, if Silver or SMS had flipped town, Kreaal was likely to flip scum. I wasn't as concrete on him being scum, and was using meta for D1 because that was my best way of reading SMS at the time.

I'm not sure how you got this from my post. I was explicitly scum reading Ex early on during D1, and then certain aspects of his playstyle that I pointed out made me switch to null reading him, which would be pretty odd if I were trying to set up a lynch. As for Minish, I've been town reading her all game, and only stated that I could stand to look more closely.
So you scum read him after placing the 4th RVS vote on him?

Also, you town read her yes, but still dislike her vote on someone who was perceived as scum and flipped scum. Did you get a closer look at Min? Do you think she's bussing or town?

I think anyone familiar with my play would realize that I'd be more like to have bussed Kreaal, and it'd be out of character for me to so adamantly defend such a suspicious partner. I'm also not the only one who did so.
You can claim meta, but we've had multiple players state they're trying to break meta this game. Whether it's true or not, idk, but considering meta reads seem to have gone out the window, claiming it on D3 really doesn't matter. Meta doesn't dictate perception. You defended Kreaal consistently throughout the game, doing very little to scum hunt, and hopped on wagons well after stating opinions as to why you were favoring players as scum. Claiming your meta is just wifom.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote Count:
ExLight (1) - Rubik
Kreaal (4) - ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Morbid Minish, Silverfish
Silverfish (3) - Doc, Moe the Moblin, Kirino
Spiritual Mask Salesman (4) - Kreaal, Johnny Sooshi, Libk, FlargBlarg

Not Voting: Funnygurl555
Final Vote Count:
Morbid Minish (2) - Funnygurl555, Kreaal
Kreaal (6) - ExLight, Rubik, Morbid Minish, Silverfish, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Libk
Silverfish (1) - Moe the Moblin
Kirino (1) - Johnny Sooshi

Not Voting: Kirino, Doc
Just wanted to throw this up as well. I'm operating under the assumption that everyone voting for Kreaal D1 and D2 are town, mainly because Kreaal pushed SMS D1 and Silver is not likely scum on D2 given the results of both days. Ex flipped, and Min has been relatively townie in posts and was on the Kreaal wagon both days. Any other thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom