• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Doc, what do you make of Silver's posts after the opener? Anything AI there to you, or just the opener?
Sorry, had to play a pokemon game real fast. Anyways, not really? There's more stuff than I care for about the whole "inno until guilty" and such, just because it feels so vaguely like just mechanics talk while not. Like, I put the same amount of importance there as I do if they said "astrological signs I think each player is based on their playstyle." The other posts look like they're just about the definition of bussing, which, for the record, scum is entirely capable without scumchat. If I see my scumbud vote X, I can jump on board and vote X. I don't need my scumbud to tell me outside of game to do that.

This whole post feels like they're trying to push for Kreaal's lynch while also arguing against said lynch? Like, jumping on board with SMS's reasoning while distancing themselves from the reasoning so that, in the case of Kreaal's lynch and they flip town, Sil can put blame on SMS instead. Now, I'm horrible at remembering meta so if this is common behavior for Silver, please correct me, but at the current moment this is where I'd want to place my vote.
Should I respond to this? Probably not, but I'm gonna anyway.

Me? Argue with myself? I would never.

No, I think waffles are my curse. Every time I include waffles in my post someone gets either mad at me for including waffles, or they get mad at me for arguing with myself. Like, that's the whole point of waffles, you know?

That said, it's also a cold day down below when I agree with SMS, so I understand the suspicion.

I'd like to but I can't. This ain't a reads list, it's literally just my perception how I think other people are thinking.

I'm aware. Scum can't communicate=no bussing cause no scum knows who the other scum is.

They don’t?
I could have sworn they were Informed but just couldn’t communicate.

I'd like to but I can't. This ain't a reads list, it's literally just my perception how I think other people are thinking.

I don't think that's true - you put them into those categories, so you must have some reason to believe that's the thread perception. If not, then you just sorted them arbitrarily, so what's the point of any of it?

Also, why give a perception-list over a reads list? Why not give me some reads proactively here? e.g. "Well, those were my perceptions on the thread, but if you want my reads they're _____"

They don’t?
I could have sworn they were Informed but just couldn’t communicate.
I mean, I didn't see anywhere that said they did, so I assumed they didn't. Just because I like to assume the mot chaos possible.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Should I respond to this? Probably not, but I'm gonna anyway.

Me? Argue with myself? I would never.

No, I think waffles are my curse. Every time I include waffles in my post someone gets either mad at me for including waffles, or they get mad at me for arguing with myself. Like, that's the whole point of waffles, you know?

That said, it's also a cold day down below when I agree with SMS, so I understand the suspicion.
I'm simply suspicious of waffles (which tbh is a term I see a lot but I don't really KNOW. Is that just WIFOM?) LIke sure, it could be you thinking out loud but when it's "I agree with this person and support this lynch.....but..." I think thats a very easy way to support a lynch without supporting the lynch.

I guess I need to eat my words, looking at the setup wiki the same role pms do include the other players on the scum team. Huh, I'm mildly dissapointed.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
literally everyone seemed to be under the supposition that scum knew who each other were and just didn't have wolfchat
silverfish believing the opposite is either a legit scumslip or a probably faked dumbtell (because of said supposition being prevalent)

Sorry, had to play a pokemon game real fast. Anyways, not really? There's more stuff than I care for about the whole "inno until guilty" and such, just because it feels so vaguely like just mechanics talk while not. Like, I put the same amount of importance there as I do if they said "astrological signs I think each player is based on their playstyle." The other posts look like they're just about the definition of bussing, which, for the record, scum is entirely capable without scumchat. If I see my scumbud vote X, I can jump on board and vote X. I don't need my scumbud to tell me outside of game to do that.

Mmm, see, I think that is AI, actually - I think nothing silver posted between the opener and your post impacted the gamestate in any meaningful way. I don't see ProTown hunger to do anything. The tangent on definitions is more likely to come from Scum who has a need to post, but not solve, than Town.

I'm torn because I think the slip is slightly town indicative but I think on the rest of the content silver's a decent pick for scum of the day.

I'm simply suspicious of waffles (which tbh is a term I see a lot but I don't really KNOW. Is that just WIFOM?) LIke sure, it could be you thinking out loud but when it's "I agree with this person and support this lynch.....but..." I think thats a very easy way to support a lynch without supporting the lynch.
The term waffles is derived from waffling, meaning to fail to make up one's mind, if that helps.

unvote
vote: Silverfish

you said you ISOd me earlier, but if you had done so this would have come up earlier, because I said wolves would be communicating with each other pretty early on
You did what now?

...This might be a great time to bring up that I've never read a mafia thread fully in my entire life as I get distracted super easy, I literally have no recollection of that. When I say ISO, I mean "huh, who was that person and did they say anything interesting that sticks to the brain before I go lose my train of thought by the time I post again?"... Not the best way of doing things, but it works. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom