• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triple botw??

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It would be interesting. We haven't had a "proper" trilogy yet and in fact this is the first time we are even getting a direct sequel in the same world with the same Link. Hard to imagine where a trilogy would go without even knowing the plot of the sequel, but I wouldn't totally be against the idea.

I'm guessing in the sequel Ganon's coming back, Hyrule gets destroyed, Link beats Ganon then everything's normal and its a done deal, so its hard to imagine a 3rd installment. Then again we have to wait for those games releases. If it doesn't just feel like the same game but slightly different each time, I'm down for it.

I don't know about that. I think making a direct sequel to BotW is being justified by reusing the map from the first game. I would be pretty disappointed if they reused the same over world a third time. I could see a third BotW-style game happening if it were detached plot-wise from the first two and featured an entirely new land. A different villain would be cool too, be it an all new one or the return of someone cool like Majora or Vaati.

I'm sure that the innovations BotW brought will become staples in the series for quite a while, similar to how OoT set the template for the series for years to come. I'd kind of prefer the actual BotW story end after 2 though because I like the variety the Zelda series has. Having a sequel here and there is fine, like MM or ALBW, but the series shouldn't stay in one place for too long. I'd also like a new artstyle.

Where did you hear these rumors?

I take rumors with a grain of salt anyway :shrugs:
I would say if BotW 2 does good they might consider a sequel, but hopefully quality over quantity. another game would be cool after BotW 3, but is they have no more ideas for BotW they might just do another set of games. Overall I doubt they will make a 3rd game, but ya never know.

I think Aonuma should actually keep the BotW continuity going until he retires.

1. It'd stop people complaining about the timeline if one game were to follow the other consistently

2. Aonuma could continue to build on the world established in BotW so we can have sensical lore and logical continuity

3. It'd be nice for Zelda not to feel so schizophrenic for a while.

So I personally hope that we don't just get BotW2 and BotW3 but also BotW4 and BotW5 until Aonuma passes the torch.

Though since BotW2 only exists because planned DLC for botW was too big I wonder if we will get a third BotW or if Aonuma will go back to jumping all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom