• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce's Forms?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I've been wondering what forms the Triforce takes and why, at certain times and games you see the actual triforce or triforce piece or pieces, however sometimes the Triforce appears as a mark on someones hand. I've always beleieved the Triforce is passed onto future generations of Heros and will only go back to physical form if the Triforce is disrupted like in LoZ were the Triforce has been split, i also believe only those who are chosen can acces the Triforce and its powers. Your thoughts what form the Triforce takes?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I mean Physical form, or non Physical, if you can see it and touch it, or only see it on someones hand...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I THINK the only time the triforce appears on someone's hand is in TP and the last bit of OoT. IMO those are just symbols denoting posession. In simpler terms, the :triforce: becomes an integral part of the person and manifests it's presence in the person's skill and the way they manipulate the world around them (hands!).

I THINK the only time the triforce appears on someone's hand is in TP and the last bit of OoT. IMO those are just symbols denoting posession. In simpler terms, the :triforce: becomes an integral part of the person and manifests it's presence in the person's skill and the way they manipulate the world around them (hands!).

The triforce shows up on the backs of everyones hands at the end of WW too and Link has a mark on the back of his hand in the oracle games too, but im not at the end of those yet so i dont know if it glows or anyhting.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The triforce shows up on the backs of everyones hands at the end of WW too and Link has a mark on the back of his hand in the oracle games too, but im not at the end of those yet so i dont know if it glows or anyhting.

In that case it could be a bit like the palm thing from the Eragon series; just a mark that shows you have the power of the :triforce:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In WW the triforce of wisdom was physical and split in two and also the triforce of courage was physically in 8 pieces.
Ganon by bringing the other two crest bearers together was able to extract the triforce pieces in physical form.
It is unknown if triforce bearers can remove their piece as a physical object without combining the other two.

In TP the triforce is never in physical form only appearing on the backs of the owners hands.

Quite frankly, I think the the Triforce is just one of those things that Nintendo has never really gone into detail about. As with many things in the series, details regarding its many vagaries remain to be seen (perhaps intentionally)...

That being said, here's my two cents...

The Triforce markings and the physical Triforce appear - to some degree - to be two separate things. I guess one could say that each of the respective Triforce holder has the ability to somehow summon the physical Triforce, per se, but only when united [in close proximity].

Another thing I'd like to mention - based on an interesting point that Ganonking brings up - is that it may be possible to somehow extract the physical Triforce [piece] from its holder, as shown by Ganondorf in TWW. Coversely, there may be a way to insert the physical Triforce into a person, as shown by King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule in the same game, but such methods of extraction or otherwise are likely restricted to the "chosen ones."

It is possible that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are essentially living vessels for each respective part of the physical Triforce...

I think its a spiritual articact, cause in SS when you get a piece of the triforce you go back into what looks like the Silent realm to obtain the seprit pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom