• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce on Demise's Sword

If you look closely at Demise's sword there is the symbol of the Triforce on it. Not only that, but it's upside down! What do you think this means? I think it means that Demise is is the complete opposite of good and that he is pure evil. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
oh, i never saw this. it could be(kinda like your saying) the opposite of the master sword aka the Blade of Evil's Bane.....

I would guess that since Demise is the previous reincarnation of Ganon, it would simply mean that he is representative of the Triforce of Power...?

As for it being upside down, however, I have no idea. Perhaps it is similar to turning a cross upside down, as in it is showing total disrespect. This would make sense, considering the Triforce is a form of religious imagery in the world of the game.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
It is a probable representation of both his hatred of the triforce and also is the anti-triforce. That was also the first thibg I noticed about him thanks for putting a thread about it

Well when I looked at Ghirahim (SPOILER: he is Demise's sword) it looked to me like a dark version of the MS so it could show the evil like how the gold bit on the MS is cool

As said above ^ Ghirahim is supposed to be the opposite of Fi. Fi is the Master Sword so Ghirahim is the opposite of that, the Anti-Master Sword or the evil version of the MS. Since there is a Triforce symbol on the Master Sword it makes sense that the Anti-MS would have an upside down version of it. It's playing off the whole idea of them being complete opposites.

I think the relationship between Fir and Ghirahim is fascinating, it's like the Yin and Yang. Good vs Evil. One aids the hero the other aids the ultimate evil. It's a dualism that is present between the two and interwoven into the story quite well. I find it to be one of the most interesting parts of Skyward Sword.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Demise doesn't hate the Triforce. He wants it. And I don't know how an upside down symbol on the Dark Master Sword could mean he hates it.

The flipped Triforce is nothing but symbolism, emphasizing how much Link and Demise are complete opposites.

Edit: What Seth said, minus the Yin and Yang bit.

I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out for me. As for the upside-down Triforce, I'm not sure how much weight should be put into making theories about it. Maybe it is just, well, there!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Demise's sword has a lot of resemblence to the Master Sword, including this Triforce marking. I think it's Nintendo's way of showing that Demise's sword and the Master Sword are opposites of eachother.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I think it is showing Demise's hatred of everything. Or maybe it is the ANTI triforce o_0. That would open up a whole new realm of possibilities.

oooh. That would definitely be cool :).

But anyways, since Demise wants the Triforce so bad, I would imagine that it's just a symbol he placed on his sword. You know, just for the heck of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom