• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce of Wisdom...of What?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
This is the continue of the post Triforce of Courage..of What?

As we know Zelda is the wielder of the Triforce of Wisdom, but she is not really wise right. Think about how many times she could have escaped, save you or whatever from Ganondorf just by being wise....OH and lets not forget she is a Sage so she is not weak or at least she has energy. What do you guys think

Discuss:clap:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Well, as a member of the Royal Family, escaping might be looked at as weak and cowardly by the citizens of Hyrule. I think the Triforce of Wisdom seems to give her something. I mean she changed (at least) her appearance to become Sheik, which was more than just clothes; she had to change her eye color, and if you believe so: a sex change as well. That takes some magic that I don't think she normally has. She also has the power to use Light Arrows as evidenced in TP and WW. She has the ability to create them as well, as evidenced in those games (I think) and definitely OoT. These things don't just come from being in the Royal Family imo.

(edit): There's also the fact that she has no powers in ALttP and LoZ/AoL, when the Triforce was full and/or ToW not in her possession.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Zelda's wisdom doesn't grant her knowledge of where every guard is in her castle when they're possessed, nor does it give her a means to solve convoluted puzzles to get the key or other means of escape, and certainly doesn't grant her the strength to take down anyone that tries to stop her. Sheik may be a different matter, but not all Zeldas ever have access to that, either.

Zelda's wisdom, I always assumed, was what gave her all those little heads-up and protips she gives you during the game(s). For instance, in OoT, when she was a child she was receiving this wisdom from dreams for her to interpret. When she became Sheik perhaps she had another method and in this form she could give such knowledge freely. (Also Sheik is so totally a male that torso ain't no lady torso at the best you could say 'androgynous')

Knowledge doesn't give you extra strength, it doesn't give you new items, it just allows you to know stuff. Yet some stuff will still be unimportant enough that she wouldn't need to know it. Otherwise she'd probably be able to metagame and as interesting/awesome as that would be it'd kinda mess everything up.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
For instance, in OoT, when she was a child she was receiving this wisdom from dreams for her to interpret.
She didn't have the ToW at that time. That was just "the mysterious powers of Hyrule's Royal Family." (Sharp, OoT) Some explain it by placing the HoM story before OoT.
And what Ember said, Wisdom =/= Knowledge.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well but if she has that knowledge why did she didnt escape Ganon when she was trapped (or something simplier, throw the Master Sword to Link when he lost it)

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
As in what I was saying? I already answered: Knowing won't give you the strength to fight off Moblins single-handed and, near as I can tell, without weapons. Whether or not it's wisdom or knowledge, whether or not the ToW gives the knowledge or allows Zelda to come into receipt of this knowledge, it's still not going to grant you more strength than you already have.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Actually, most of the time, Zelda IS fairly wise. The only exception is Minish Cap, in which she's a ditz.

Princess Zelda in LoZ hid the Triforce of Wisdom in places where Ganon couldn't reach it, and the Hero could. Zelda herself is probably the one who created all the traps and monsters inside the dungeons to stop people from entering, not Ganon. If Ganon had the Triforce of Wisdom, he would have had it himself, not with his minions. Ganon is only responsible for the monsters on the overworld, and protecting his own lair. In other words, magical monsters were probably just a common defense in Hyrule at that time.

Princess Zelda in AoL is unconscious for the whole game, so we have no clue if she's wise or not.

Princess Zelda in ALttP knew the way through the castle, and what Agahnim was planning. She also communicated useful tips to you telepathically.

Princess Zelda in OoT had prophetic dreams, disguised herself as Sheik, and actually guided you through the quest.

Princess Zelda in WW and PH was a clever pirate leader who often had ingenious ideas. How else would she have survived as a pirate and become their captain?

Princess Zelda in MC... okay, I'll give you that one. She's a total ditz.

But are you getting my point? Zelda is actually quite wise. She just doesn't have any power to back it up. You would be surprised how useless wisdom is without power or courage. Power is often needed to make use of wisdom. Courage is needed to even attempt to risk using wisdom. Without either, you're just clever, but too scared and weak to make a move.

I should know... I'm considered very wise, but I'm actually very helpless and dependent because I don't have the power or courage to make use of my wisdom on my own, either. Ironically, knowing this doesn't help me as much as you'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom