• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Tricky Tricky Nintendo.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
The three regions are called elDIN, laNAYRU, and Faron(kinda like farore). I don't know if this has already been realized but its there. Tricky, Tricky nintendo

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nice find! I think each region was named like this to honor the goddesses that made them. Although they have slight alterations, such more letters being added, I would wonder if each name bore significance to its respective province.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
Nice find! I think each region was named like this to honor the goddesses that made them. Although they have slight alterations, such more letters being added, I would wonder if each name bore significance to its respective province.
Well Farore I got courage, Lanayru I got wisdom and Eldin I got strength. It actually took me a while to figure out until I said:"Hm since din's all fiery I wonder if she would live in eldin volcano". Thats when I caught myself

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I realized this the moment I started playing Twilight Princess.

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
So did I,but it actually have something to do ...
In WW, Nayru's pearl refers to water, and Lanayru have the Lakebed Temple (TP) and the water temple (SS)
Din's represent Fire, and there's the fire temple in Eldin
And Farore,Forest, there's the Skyview temple ... in the woods ...

See?

Yes. For many of us who have played Twilight Princess before we got our hands on Skyward Sword this is a blatantly obvious connection. There are 4 (3 main) provinces in TP named after Lanayru, Eldin, and Faron of Skyward Sword, who were named in honor of the three Golden Goddesses - Nayru, Din, and Farore. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I had noticed this just a few weeks ago. I'm willing to bet the people of Hyrule named them after them. It is their one and only religion. It would be like us calling a street after a saint. Like St. Marks Road (A place near me).

You think that's clever, take a look at the cut scenes. So far, I think each one hints at a secret in the area (can't replay them, so I'm not positive). For example, when Link and Zelda's father are talking about what happened to his loftwing, a wide shot shows the very cave you'll have explore in the background. Also, when you enter the spring at the end of the Skyview Temple, you catch a glimpse of a red ruppee on a pillar. Nintendo put a lot of effort into those cutscenes, so you'd better pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom