• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trick or Treating Law

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Well I'm over 12 and I like to trick or treat. What if teenagers want candy or to hang out with their friends. At least that's not the rule in my state because I'm going to trick or treat tomorrow.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is just terrible. How can they put a ban on over 12 year olds Trick or treating?
The people in power who decided on this must want most people to end their childhoods as soon as possible. -._-.
Maybe then the economic situation will clear up or some other bull reason.

Maybe they'll cancel halloween indefinitely some day if this law is allowed to pass in other states. Heck, they may as well cancel every other holiday, like christmas if this is what they're planning to do.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
That's horrible. (If it's true.) I'm not sure the government should be dictating how people celebrate holidays. That doesn't sit well with me.

If you don't want to give candy to teenagers, then stop handing out candy at 6 or 6:30. Families with young kids tend to go out early, like around 5. (I've even seen them come around 4.) Sure, you may miss a few 12/11/10/9 year olds, but if you really can't stand the thought of giving teens candy then you'll have to miss a few tweens too. (Personally, I don't know if you should bother at all if you really mind, but that's none of my business. It's also none of the government's business.)

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Eh sounds really dumb to me. I will gladly give out candy to kids older then twelve, but I don't think that Law was passed in my state so no problem for me. I can get that it can be a little alarming of older teens coming to your door at night, possible there have been some problems in that state/states and pushed this along. If the people want the law then they should get it, I'm sure that the state government wont keep it long if it's not wanted by the majority. Personally I would think that people would rather have older teens going trick-or-treating then going to Halloween partys with a high chance of alcohol or teen sex. But that's me.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i dont go trick or treating, but that seems like a horrible law

Abbs

People over the age of twelve can't go Trick-or-Treating?
Now that's just downright cruel. The law doesn't make a whole lot of sense, either. How are you going to determine if someone is a couple years over the age of twelve or not? Are we going to have to carry our birth certificates around something?

Last edited:
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/10/belleville_trick_or_treat_laws.php

Its actually only a law in a single city... And if the children are abusing their "trick or treating' privileges then they ought to not be allowed to. Worse case scenario... they have to go one town over to trick or treat... Might make them think twice before causing mischeif in the future.

(future reference, its always good to cite your sources)

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Whew, at least the law is in 1 town, not a whole state. But think about the people (a few of my friends included) who have just turned 13, they would't be able to trick-or-treat legally, I'm sure they'd get away with it though.

P

pokemainiac

I've only ever been trick-or-treating once, when I was too young to stay at home, so I really couldn't care less.

D

Demon Link

Ya, because nothing is scarier than a 17 year old walking up to your house and asking for candy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom