• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trick or Treat Feedback

Why didn't you contribute to the ZD Halloween event?

• Halloween isn't my bag

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Too overhyped for ZD Christmas 2015 to care about the Halloween event

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dislike these style of events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I generally don't have the time

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

I recently looked into the Trick and or Treat event thread and witnessed very few people had contributed, not even Pika-Ari and Hollie's comic book form could save the thread. So I'm pretty certain bicurious as to why you may have not contributed and what you the community feel could have been done to make a better event.

Yeah, I'm quite positive the hype for ZD Christmas 2015 is the reason for so little participation myself, but perhaps I'm wrong.

To be honest, the reason I didn't contribute is the thread title. I didn't even read the topic because I thought it was simply a discussion about trick or treating, which I'm not interested in. Having something like [Community Project] or something similar in the title would have picked my interest more easily. Beside that, I don't really have the artistic talents to contribute anything, so there's that I guess.

Not to sound discouraging here by the way, keep up the good work!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I was a bit disappointed by the turn out on that thread, but I agree with Soul on this one. I thought the title of the thread wasn't really eye-catching enough and at first, I thought it was about trick-or-treating as well.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
For those of you who did participate, how did you find the thread? From the announcement on top of the shoutbox, through the "Latest Replies", or from the Community Area?

I didn't do anything for Halloween this year (or the past several years for that matter), so I had nothing to post. I was gonna try to draw something specifically for the thread, but I didn't have the time. Though I did participate in the event's setup, there's no denying it was rushed and sloppily thrown together at the last second. That probably had an impact on the participation because it wasn't too well organized. Also, with the lack of thread reply notices in the shoutbox, it probably didn't get nearly as much attention as it could have. The MOTD helped it a little bit, but there's no arguing that when people see someone post in a thread, they're more prone to look at the thread and reply to it themselves rather than when just seeing a "hey go check out this thread" as a shoutbox notice.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I found the thread through the Latest Replies tab. I may have just missed it, but I didn't see any kind of announcement that there was going to be an event like this and I didn't see it in the announcement tab above the shoutbox until after I posted (though that one is my fault). I thought it was cool, but I feel like it wasn't really advertised at all other than just sticking a link to it in the announcements. (idk if that's just how things are done here these days or not tbh)

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
For those of you who did participate, how did you find the thread? From the announcement on top of the shoutbox, through the "Latest Replies", or from the Community Area?

I'd actually seen the title in "Latest Replies", but when I wanted to make my post, I clicked on the link to it in the announcement box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom