• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Trial of the Sword Help Thread

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Thought it would be cool if we had a thread to discuss problems we're having in the Trial of the Sword. We can talk about a certain floor we're having trouble with and people can suggest things to help you get through it.

I currently can't get past floor 11. I'm stocking up on all the gear and food but I still can't seem to make it. The bokoblins are pretty easy but the moblin gets me every time. Any suggestions?

Is it floor 11 in the beginning trials that starts with a raft?

This one took me ages, i didnt die but it took me ages to kill the moblin.

What i did was wait at the bottom of the wooden tower outpost thing and went half way up and whistled to get his attention. I then ran back down and positioned myself so i could see him from the side coming down the stairs. Took me ages to get it right but i headshotted him and sometimes a headshot can knock enemies over. If you get it right the force of the shot should send him off the steps and into the water for a one hit kill.

This way you never need to get close to him. Just have to hope the shot knocks him over and off the platform.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Is it floor 11 in the beginning trials that starts with a raft?

This one took me ages, i didnt die but it took me ages to kill the moblin.

What i did was wait at the bottom of the wooden tower outpost thing and went half way up and whistled to get his attention. I then ran back down and positioned myself so i could see him from the side coming down the stairs. Took me ages to get it right but i headshotted him and sometimes a headshot can knock enemies over. If you get it right the force of the shot should send him off the steps and into the water for a one hit kill.

This way you never need to get close to him. Just have to hope the shot knocks him over and off the platform.

Thanks for the tips! :) I don't want to rage quit anymore lol.

If you pretty much just stand behind the mast of the raft you won't get hit with their arrows. Just wait until you're close enough to any given platform sniper and head-shot them. Once you get past that point, just work your way up the middle/main platform and take on one beast a time. Use stasis+ on them too. As far as I'm concerned, this trial is all about "cheesing" (I hate that term, by the way) as much as you can, using anything and everything you have to your advantage. Be creative and careful on the few really hard levels ... and have fun with the others.

funnier6

Courage~
Hiii, I'm on floor seven and I wondered if I need the torch for anything. I know that's a stupid question but I'm playing master mode and I don't wanna have to start over cause I didn't bring a torch. o-o

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The torch would only be helpful during the dark sections. Otherwise, it would just take up a slot needed for more important weapons.

funnier6

Courage~
Thanks much, I shall take a deep breath and continue onward D:<

edit, Suh suh suh, suhsuhsuh, silvvvvverrrr lizaflos got me. O-O anyone who made it past them got any advice?

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks much, I shall take a deep breath and continue onward D:<

edit, Suh suh suh, suhsuhsuh, silvvvvverrrr lizaflos got me. O-O anyone who made it past them got any advice?
I don't remember what the environment is like, but if you have ice arrows, you could freeze it and push it off some kind of high place. Or ice arrow and fire arrow combo could work too. Even better to start with a sneak strike.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't remember what the environment is like, but if you have ice arrows, you could freeze it and push it off some kind of high place. Or ice arrow and fire arrow combo could work too. Even better to start with a sneak strike.

No ice arrows, just fire arrows, and since the entire floor is a monster base surrounded by water and they see you immediately I don't really know if you can.

I'm only on floor ten btw, master mode is the devil.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No ice arrows, just fire arrows, and since the entire floor is a monster base surrounded by water and they see you immediately I don't really know if you can.

I'm only on floor ten btw, master mode is the devil.
You can. It's tricky, but if you hide from their field of view and make as little noise as possible, even after they've seen you, they lose track of you. They're like infants; they don't have object permanence.

Thought it would be cool if we had a thread to discuss problems we're having in the Trial of the Sword.
Well we already do (you didn't check before you made this topic):
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/trial-of-the-sword-spoilers-inside.60006/
You want two topics discussing the same thing. Ok fine :)
I am not having a go at you - I do respect you a lot. I am just pointing out this fact, is all.

The best advice I can give is practice makes perfect, use 30 minute defence or attack buffs and read up here for a room by room guide - spoilers inside.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._the_wilds_trial_of_the_sword_beginner_trials
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...of_the_wilds_trial_of_the_sword_middle_trials
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._of_the_wilds_trial_of_the_sword_final_trials

They are still very hard though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom