• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Tri Force Heroes Japanese Trailer

The folks over at GameXplain posted a new Japanese trailer for Tri Force Heroes:

There is some information about what we already know, like the totem mechanic, but the trailer also gives glimpses into what appears to be the "overworld" castle with its silly looking king, various outfit customizations (dino Link looks sweet), and glimpses of eight unique areas that can be played.

While a lot of the environments bear a strong resemblance to A Link Between Worlds, the puzzles and bosses look very refreshing. The little comical touches shown in the trailer also put a smile on my face. It's surprisingly fitting for the second and third Link in single player mode to be paralyzed in awkward positions.

October 23rd can't come soon enough!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Just watching the trailer, letting the japanese narration go in one ear and out the other when suddenly:
"Ah! Wonderful!"

In all seriousness, I can't wait. I love the new use of the gust bellows. The costumes and emotes mechanics also look great. This game is looking amazing.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
32 stages.
Collect materials (e.g. Tektite Shell) to order costumes from Madame Tailor.
You're given an item at the beginning of each stage.
There's a 3-player FFA mode.

So far the puzzles seem really basic and they give you the required items for free. From what a Nintendo rep told me at PAX I was hoping there might be a full single-player mode but with 32 multiplayer stages that's quite unlikely. I have very very low expectations for this game. They should have called it "Four Swords Minus" in Japan. (FSA is called "Four Swords Plus".)

Oh, another important thing I learned at PAX: You can't set down bombs.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That 32 stages seems quite a bit short.... Especially since FSA had way longer areas and about that many stages. However, we did learn on E3 that there are "challenge" versions of the same stages. These give you different items at the start. Which changes the whole stage to have harder puzzles that take more skill.... I hope those weren't cut...... I also hope there is a decent amount to the game. It should at least be ALBW length.....

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
To a link in time there is no dino link i think you mean zora link also my favorite costume is the loftwing costume. Kinda makes him look like a power ranger

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
That king is freaking me out, man. Other than that, the game looks a lot of fun. I was very doubtful when we got our first look at the game a while back, but with the recent footage, it's been looking much better. I really like the music we could hear in the trailers and videos, and the puzzles all look fun. It seems to be shaping up to be a better game than anticipated.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That king is freaking me out, man. Other than that, the game looks a lot of fun. I was very doubtful when we got our first look at the game a while back, but with the recent footage, it's been looking much better. I really like the music we could hear in the trailers and videos, and the puzzles all look fun. It seems to be shaping up to be a better game than anticipated.
You know.... I wonder if that king takes reference from The King from the CDI games. That would be utterly fantastic. I really hope the King in this games has some references such as saying "My boy", and "I wonder what's for dinner".

I like how they are going back with plots in the realm of the utterly ridiculous though, like Link's Awakening. That's a great thing to do, as Four Swords Adventures ventured into way too cliché and it took itself too seriously.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
pOWJOj9.jpg
No, just no -_-#

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
http://kaialone.tumblr.com/post/128414604240/new-tri-force-heroes-information

http://kaialone.tumblr.com/post/128445601820/new-tri-force-heroes-information

Yeah, I don't think this game is going to be canon on any serious timeline.

Nintendo has obviously gotten really lazy when comes to names these days now. I mean, who the heck names a girl Frill?! Seriously.

Nintendo didn't have to give these characters and even the world such stupid and ridiculous names just because this game is focused on fashion.

Also, I've noticed this game seems very french themed. They could've used some french names for the characters and even the world but nope. Instead, they decided to take the silly route to appease the younger audience. Why does Nintendo have to focus so much on the kids?! What about the hardcore fans, the fans that been with them since the 80's and 90's?! Why do they always have to middle finger them so much?

Edit: I'm not saying that game is going to be bad or anything, just saying that's not as great as I thought and hoped it would be. I will get this game. I just personally think it should've been better.

You know.... I wonder if that king takes reference from The King from the CDI games. That would be utterly fantastic. I really hope the King in this games has some references such as saying "My boy", and "I wonder what's for dinner".

lol. That's what I've been thinking lately now. I wonder if Nintendo is doing this because they felt bad about the death of the creator of the Cd-i Zelda games. I think that's why Nintendo is starting to try and open themselves up more. Heck, they have been even talking about finally coming back to movie industry.

Though, with Iwata dead now, things have been tough on Nintendo on lately, so who knows what Nintendo going through right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom