• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Treasure Chest That I Can't Seem To Get...

So I found this treasure chest here..

HpMdaQR.jpg

...and no matter what I do, I can't seem to actually get it. It's underwater and partially buried in the sand. Nothing I've tried seems to be capable of dislodging it. Anyone else find this? Right next to it is a sunken, but not buried treasure chest that comes up just fine, it's just the buried one that won't budge.

Is it not one of those fake ones that Octoroks hide under?

Get as close as you can, it might attack you. Though i've never seen one of that kind underwater.

But that doesnt mean anything since i saw my first wall lizalfos after 170 hours.

Is it not one of those fake ones that Octoroks hide under?

Get as close as you can, it might attack you. Though i've never seen one of that kind underwater.

But that doesnt mean anything since i saw my first wall lizalfos after 170 hours.
No, it's real. It appears with the Magnesis scan (Treasure Octoroks don't) and I've shot it with arrows to zero effect.

No, it's real. It appears with the Magnesis scan (Treasure Octoroks don't) and I've shot it with arrows to zero effect.

Im there now. I see your problem.... hmmmm..

Ive done some reading. There are a few chests like this that have been dubbed 'impossible chests'.

There are some that people just cannot salvage. This is one of them.

Perhaps a missed bug or something DLC might sort out if the map undergoes any changes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sometimes there are sunken treasure chests that are too deep to get using cryonis no matter how close to it you are, you need to be on a raft because you're closer to the water. There's one like that in Lake Akkala. I don't know if this is the same kind of thing or not.

Sort of related but I wish there was a Magnesis+ with better range.

You're all misunderstanding me. I don't mean that I can't get close. I've used both ice pillars and a raft. What I mean is: once in the grip of Magnesis it will not move.

Normally, when you have a treasure chest that is half buried in sand, you grab it with the rune, pull it up for a few seconds, then it pops out of the ground. This underwater one simply refuses to pop out of the ground.

This is bugging me now. I have stasis and kinetic energied the crap out of the thing (both with regular arrows and ancient arrows), I've pulled from all angles using magnesis, I have magnesised the other nearby chest to try to dislodge it, I've magnesised a sword to try to dislodge it; the thing won't budge. Maybe when I get home I'll try to find a big metal box to see if that can dislodge it (unlikely) or try to get octo balloons down there somehow.

This is bugging me now. I have stasis and kinetic energied the crap out of the thing (both with regular arrows and ancient arrows), I've pulled from all angles using magnesis, I have magnesised the other nearby chest to try to dislodge it, I've magnesised a sword to try to dislodge it; the thing won't budge. Maybe when I get home I'll try to find a big metal box to see if that can dislodge it (unlikely) or try to get octo balloons down there somehow.
YES! SEE!? IT'S MADDENING!

I have tried everything you've mentioned, plus tossing bombs and detonating them when they go below the water, trying to electrify it with arrows, even tried to use the raft. Nothing works.

Okay after checking it out myself and then a google search it appears that it's a bug, but there's only an Opal in there, anyway.

If I may ask ... how does anyone know what's in the chest if nobody is able to get it out and open it?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
If I may ask ... how does anyone know what's in the chest if nobody is able to get it out and open it?
Because the bug didn't happen to everybody. It's a very well known bug but there are people who didn't have the same issue. I know I can't get the chest either. But I do know others who were able to get it.

Because the bug didn't happen to everybody. It's a very well known bug but there are people who didn't have the same issue. I know I can't get the chest either. But I do know others who were able to get it.

Thanks. I had no idea is was a "hit or miss" type bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom