• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Traveling between the timelines

So, a thing I noticed when Breath of the Wild came out was theories about a convergence between the timelines. While I'm not fond of this idea (you can thank DC doing that), it got me thinking of something else.

As the title implies, traveling between the worlds. I liked this idea in Arrowverse's The Flash, I like it with Exiles, I liked it when 616 Peter Parker visited Earth-1610 (aka Ultimate Marvel) and I liked it when Doctor Who traveled into "Pete's World". Traveling to parallel worlds is a concept I always look forward to because it's fascinating to see how they differ from the main world. With this series, there are three timelines, each different in their own ways. Instead of a convergence, something I'd like to see is if Link (doesn't matter which timeline) travels into one of the other timelines. We've had parallel world traveling before, so why is travel with the alternate Hyrule any different.

I think they idea has merit, do you?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
That would be interesting, but would be very very hard to pull off, and quite simply I hope they don't just because of the difficulty to make that work

Quin

Disaster Master
I think BOTW proved more than enough they want to rid them self of the whole timeline. I doubt we will hear anything about it again in future games.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It is impossible to travel between timelines unless you time traveling, and altering the past, created the alternate timeline. So Link ended up in a different timeline once (The Hero of Time leaving the Adult Timeline and creating the Child Timeline). He just can't return to the Adult Timeline or any other. Unless we are to employ a theory that alternate timelines are really seperate self contained universes on their own.

It is impossible to travel between timelines unless you time traveling, and altering the past, created the alternate timeline. So Link ended up in a different timeline once (The Hero of Time leaving the Adult Timeline and creating the Child Timeline). He just can't return to the Adult Timeline or any other. Unless we are to employ a theory that alternate timelines are really seperate self contained universes on their own.

Yes, but Aonuma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom