• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Transformers 2

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
A lot of critics have been saying that this movie was terrible. I disagreed. It was boring in some parts, but otherwise was a great ovie. Opinions, anyone?

A

AeroCanyon

:lol:I thought the movie was awesome,there were 2 or 3 boring scenes but other than that it was hilarious! I found Sam's mom especaily funny.So yeah I thought it was good.

T

Teeler

I loved this movie. People have been saying that it is nearly plotless, but I disagree. I thought this was an excellent movie, with good action, good actors, and a good plot. I actually preferred this one over the first one, seeing as some of the new transformers were my favorite transformers in the movie.

Er, I didn't see it in theaters or anything, but I uh... watched it by other means. :P

It was certainly better than the first one. The first one had practically no interesting plot whatsoever, and depended on mindless action to keep it afloat, something that I no longer find amusing in a movie. This second improves the plot situation, but I still found the entire ordeal to be a little boring, and once again, this movie depended on fancy effects to keep it moving. If there is a third movie in the future, which I'm almost positive there will be due to the hype of the other two, I hope they can improve the plot even more, and push it above the C+ rating I give the series now.

H

Hero of Limes

Based on ratings I probably won't see it for the mere fact there are better movies to see.It's interesting to read people's feedback on this movie though. I just might end up renting it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I enjoyed it.

I say not to listen to the critics. If a movie looks good to you and is in a genre that you like (or is tied to something of your geek-interest), go see it. I went to see it with my man and his (grown) nephew.

My fiance and his nephew are lifelong Transformers fans. I know a little about it, but am not hardcore... This is a generational thing in their family: my guy and his deceased sister grew up with G1 Transformers and they passed that love on to her son... So they basically have a geek-interest in the entire franchise. They have their geek-nitpicks about "Bayformers" as they're called in the fandom (Micheal Bay movie versions of the Transformers), the one I hear about the most being "Bumblebee is not a Camero!" (the traditional cartoon and action figure Bee was a VW )... but, anyway...

I've been watching the movies with them and... I mean, I think the professional critics don't take into account what the films are *supposed* to be.

They're explody robot movies.

I did not go into the theater expecting anything deep or trancendent, nor anything particularly intelligent. I went into the theater expecting epic giant robot battles. And that's what I got.

Not everything in the world has to be deep. Sometimes, it's enough if something is fun.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
hmm i haven't seen the second movie but i hear its great!, the first one was brilliant, a few boring scenes here and there but otherwise a great film. but the second one seems to have more of a plot than the firsts mindless action at some points.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I thought it was a great movie. The only thing I disliked and thought was rushed was the huge opened ending they gave the movie.

The way they left this movie open for a sequel was by having Megatron say "This isn't over."

I thought it was dumb and they just came up with the laziest, most cliche way possible to leave the movie open for a sequel.

silent lion

ReDead
Ehh. I liked it, the action was great, but they overdid it a bit. By the end of the movie I was so used to it that the action wasn't even that cool anymore (except when Optimus removed the Fallen's heart. Heh :)) They could've timed the action a little better. And used less cheesy one-liners.

Yeah, his mum was hilarious. "It's Green, it's healthy!" :P And Optimus almost kicking three people's asses at once and ripping someone's face off. Ahh, destruction! And I have to buy the new Linkin' Park album now.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Needs less Shia LaBeouf and more Transformers. People want to see robots fighting not Shia acting like however he tends to act.

Steve

5/19/13
I thought it was a great movie, and being a Transformers fan myself, I was glad to see them borrow elements from some of the different series. Honestly, I don't think the overuse profanity was needed, but it did add humor.

As for the critics' opinions, of Mudflap and Skids being racist stereotypes, is outrageous especially seeing as only one of them is voiced by an African American. Overall, I do agree the ending was a bit too open, bu then again so was the first, but it will be interesting to see what's in store for the third *hopes for Unicron*.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
The only thing that I disliked about this movie was its length, ans thats not really that bad, but I just felt that too much of it was filler.
You could tell they were reaching for ideas with the whole 'piece of the cube getting caught on his shirt thing'.

K

kukuruza

Very much it was pleasant. Much more effectively the first part., even with humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom