• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Training Strategy

Night Owl

~Momentai
I try to keep a well balanced team, that is close to the same level. (a difference of 2 at the most)
I use the experience share when training weaker pokemon and I keep them out first.
I usually wait until I am within 5 levels of the leaders before taking them on.

Train Starter As Much As Possible Before First Gym. Then Train Caught Pokemon. After I've Beaten The Elite 4, I Use My Starter, Such As Typhlosion in Soulsilver and A Newly Caught Pokemon with Exp. Share To LEvel Him Up.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've always just spent hours training my team so that they are all around the same level. I work the weaker ones first, or give them an item to hold such as an EXP Share while I train other Pokemon. It can get quite tedious and boring, though it's great to be prepared for that last battle!

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
If I don't have anything particular in mind, I just give my weaker Pokemon an Exp. Share and train up my main line ones while the weaker ones level up and evolve. I usually do this when I need to fill up my Pokedex. When facing off against gym leaders I go to a few people in the gyms, determine that the leader is a few levels higher than them, train everybody in my team equally til they are 5 levels higher than the average person in the gym, leveled off to the nearest 5, then just jump right in. It has not failed me yet.

When going into high-risk areas such as villain's bases and such, that goes out the window and I bring out all my strongest hitters. I don't worry so much about training as I do beating the tar out of my opponents. This almost never fails me (the only time in recent history this HAS backfired was with fighting Colress, I was totally unprepared for an all-Steel team and got my *** handed to me.)

However, when I have something incredibly specific in mind, that's when I go full-out into EV training, selectively breeding to get certain unusual moves, only picking those who have those moves as well as the proper natures, give them Macho Braces or other EV-gaining items, and hardcore train them til level 100. I'm only doing this for my team that'll face off against other people across the world.

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
Here's what I do:

I first analyze who the opponent will be (yes, I cheat to find out. Thank you, Serebii). Next, I pick a goal for what level I should get my Pokemon to be at. Usually, I keep my Fire-type starter at the highest, then my Grass and Electric-types (2 Pokemon) one level lower, then the Flying, strength/crush (can be Dark, Steel, Rock, or Fighting), and Water-types (the other 3) one level lower than the Electric and Grass.

The best way to train (in B/W or B2/W2) is to use the Lucky Egg and fight wild Audino. In other games, just fight whatever is there to offer. Then when the time comes, battle!

If it's someone worldwide, I'd take all my Pokemon to Lv. 100 and think out what items and moves they'd know...

I do the same thing as Fig and Sir Quaffler, I grind for EVs. Never really cared about EVs before but now i think i will do this for every pokemon game if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom