• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Training Strategy

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
What I do is put my strongest (in most cases: my starter) last and the weaker ones in any order. In battle, I just switch(no fighting) out all of them until I get to my strongest and just fight the rest of the battle. I do this because as long as a pokemon has been in battle, it gets experience.
--
Example:
Party:
1. Bellsprout
2. Charmander
3. Pikachu
4. Onyx
5. Garados
6. Magnesium

In battle: starts with Bellsprout, switch for 2, then 3, and so on until 6. Then fight; all get experience for being used.

I like training before i head out to the next gym...sometimes i get carried away and forget that i havent finished the game....i like using pokemon i like so i first catch those and continue my journey!:D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I keep em equal for the most part. The difference in levels should be 4 at the most by my standards.

I also found that in B/W I needed to grind a ton to raise my pokemon up. They weren't as on level in it though.

I try to have a pokemon of 6 different types in the party and generally put a grass or dragon as the first.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Generally I try to keep my Pokemon the same level. I take 6 Pokemon 6 at a time, train them, then train another six.

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
it really does depend on the game- in red, yellow,and firered, i train in viridian forest until all my pokemon are at least lvl20, in gold, silver,crystal, hgss, i train in the dark cave till my starter reaches 25, and at least one other reaches 20ish. r/s/e, i get my team sorted out by the 2nd or 3rd gym and train them all to around 35 or so, in d/p/pl, i train my starter to lvl 40 by the 2nd gym leader which takes while meaning on my last play through of platinum my empoleon was 85 by the time i first fought the e4, in b/w, i just battle every trainer, i dont really have a training plan

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
my strategy is pick a starter, then two more to fill in the starter types (sometimes i'll trade around for multiple starters) and a flying type. Then i fill the remaining gaps with two pokemon i think will give a good range of type advantage (on black it was excadrill and druddigon). I train the whole team evenly, fighting every trainer i see; if one is ahead by even one level i won't use it unless the situation is dire, even in gyms. At the elite four, i'll let them loose on whatever they are super effective on and make up for it afterwards. When i've finished with practically everything, I get them to one game (gen 4 was HG, now black) and spam the elite four to get them to level 100 (usually with lucky egg if i can). Me and my friends then just randomly fight each other with whatever we've got.
On a second playthrough, i'll train evenly again, but i'll just breed for level one pokemon i really like (e.g. on soul silver, i've got the eeveelutions minus flareon).

I only train the pokemon i want to finish the elite 4 with first. so i train them very individually. if i dont find any i want i my team i"ll just train the starter untill i do, having a small number of pokemon in party is typical when im playing, but because i dont train 6 at a time, they each get very strong very fast. By the time i find the other pokemon i want in party, the originals are already seasoned vets waiting for the elite four so i just put them in the pc and train the new ones for the rest of the game. sometimes there are some major differences in levels on my party but i try to balance it out by the time i actually fight the champion. this is my favorite way to raise pokemon because it helps me beat the games faster so i can actually work on my real goal.. completeing the national dex with 100% real pokemon. i currently have 432 pokemon across my black and white games

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I have 6 with varyinh types and try to keep the levels mostly the same. I plan what moves the pokemon will end up with and give them EVs that will be most beneficial, like my Hypno has all special moves so try to avoid him getting attack EVs

I do the exact same thing.
however, if a pokemon is weak I also go to a place where it's strong against the pokemon that are in that area.
I get more HP that way(:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
What I usually do is I find a good training spot and train my party from closest to target level to farthest. I also use a lucky egg on the front pokemon and an Exp. Share on the back one. When the back Pokemon gets to a higher level than the closest one to it, I move the Pokemon passed to the front and give him the Exp. Share and the process continues on from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom