• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern TPHD or SSHD?

TPHD or SSHD?

• TPHD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSHD

• Unsure

• SomethingelseHD

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
A recent Zelda Dungeon article mentioned an interview with. . .it slipped my mind, but he was important. The VIP mentioned a SS or TP HD remake was not out of the question. Which one would you rather see and why?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TPHD is far more prudent. SSHD is not for a number of reasons: 1) I don't like it 2) it's too new 3) it will not benefit as much from HD treatment as TP would.

Also, TP's combat is, for an unversed player, just too easy compared to an unversed SS player. TP allows you to waggle no matter what you're doing. This needs to be fixed. And the damage ratios also need the fixing. Q_Q

Eh super flawed reasoning go go go.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Eh...the motion controls are too outdated for SS to be remade. Graphically, TP has much more to gain with an HD makeover.

DarkestLink

Why do you keep saying motion controls are "outdated"? They didn't even become mainstream until the Wii, and every 1st party Wii U exclusive is utilizing the Wii MotionPlus & Nunchuk in some shape, form, or fashion. "Outdated" is an immensely inaccurate word to use.

Outdated in the sense, that the game didn't do that well when motion controls were the selling point. Now they're just an accessory and making a game that demands an accessory just doesn't make sense to me.

Salem

SICK
How about none?

Outdated in the sense, that the game didn't do that well when motion controls were the selling point. Now they're just an accessory and making a game that demands an accessory just doesn't make sense to me.
3.5 million is a commercial success no matter how you look at it.

Also, I don't understand how THAT would make motion controls "outdated".

Last edited:

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
It's too early for any of them to be HD rereleased. I'd love to see TP in HD, specialy if they arrange it's minor flaws, but I still think they should focus on new games and let them be a bit more classic before they upgrade them.

But really "something else" i.e. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask combo.

That would rock.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
TP HD for a number of reasons.

SS is too new to be remade anytime soon. While it would look absolutely gorgeous in HD, it already does look gorgeous. I have some personal gripes with SS and I believe that my problems with the game couldn't be fixed in a remake for they are too large of problems. I think an SS remake would be a big waste of Nintendo's time.

Now TP on the other hand was restricted by the technology of its day. If that realistic/dark approach were to be remade into HD there is no telling how awesome it would look. Plus, I believe TP only had small issues (ex: bosses aren't hard, field enemies are morons, Hyrule field is a bit barren). These could be easily fixed in a remake with maybe a Hero mode like in SS and now WWHD, the bosses could be made quicker and maybe a few new attacks thrown in, and they could always pack a few more secrets into Hyrule field

DarkestLink

3.5 million is a commercial success no matter how you look at it.

I disagree. SS getting 3.5m sales is like rushing home yelling "Mom! Dad! I got 700 points on my exam....out of 1500 total! =D"

Also, I don't understand how THAT would make motion controls "outdated".

Outdated as in they are no longer being put in use. They're less relevant than the GC controls were for the Wii.

Salem

SICK
I disagree. SS getting 3.5m sales is like rushing home yelling "Mom! Dad! I got 700 points on my exam....out of 1500 total! =D"
Now you just sound like how EA and Square-Enix when 5 million sales of their games are a "failure":P

But seroulsy though, I disagree with the belief that 3 million is not good, now if you said it's not as good as it should have, or compared to older games like OoT, than I might see where you're coming from.

Saying that 3 or 4 million is not good sales, than the nearly all of video game franchises are failures then.

Outdated as in they are no longer being put in use. They're less relevant than the GC controls were for the Wii.
I guess you never played the Wii U yet, have you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom