• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD Dialogue Revisions

JRA

I do not think that there will be any revisions to the dialogue, but I personally feel that there should be. I have always thought there have been some plot holes in this game, but I am sure most of them could be fixed up by some simple revisions to dialogue.
I have 2 examples.
First off, I have always understood that the Master Sword is the epitome of solutions against Ganon's power (why can't it destroy Ganon's barrier over the castle? Why can only the Fused Shadow?). As far as the Fused Shadows go, I thought 'why bother collect them? Why not focus on the sword?', but I realized that the Fused Shadow is like the ultimate legendary weapon within the darkness where Link is a wolf, as parallel to the Master Sword in the light. Essentially, I see the theme or the approach to be 'within the shadows use Midna and her Fused Shadows to fight the source, then once light returns, finish the job as a Hylian Link using the Master Sword'. Seems fair. I feel this approach could have been expressed more in the dialogue, specifically the first meeting with Zelda. She could add in "Midna is the only hope within the shadows, put your trust in her till the light returns" or something.
I would not want to interfere or totally revamp the game, but I think if there was a shadow covered segment with Ganon at the end where Midna could use the Fused Shadows, perhaps the principle would stand. But, no big deal.

2. Secondly, if you pay attention to what they say from the point Zant appears after the 3rd dungeon till the point where Midna asks Zelda to tell Link of the Mirror or Twilight, there was NO hint or clue or mention of Zant, whom has been in Hyrule the whole time, was planning on returning to the Twilight Realm since he now had Hyrule. Midna's soul mission was to kill him to remove the curse he put on her, so I understand that she is literally chasing him. That is why she asks to go to the desert. However, like I said, there is no such clue for her to possibly know that. You could be wondering "why are we going there? Why are you adding to this already difficult mission, let's just get to the castle! What about Zelda? I have the sword already! How did I miss the hint about where Zant is headed?".

Anyways, I also think it was foolish that Midna was too slow to fight Zant after getting the 3 Fused Shadow pieces. What a waste of time.
I also disliked the long intro with the tutorial and chasing monkeys, that could have been cut out out.
Also, I would have preferred multiple types of bug types for the Light Bug challenges each as bosses like the Bloat. In addition, being able to bring upon Shadows and Light your control later in the game would have been nice, considering the shadows just disappear for 60% of the game. There could be ghostly structures that only appear in the twilight, or activate dark magic seals to open.
However, like I said, it's way too late for that. No need for major revamping. The game is done.

Thanks for reading, please share your thoughts. I'm just happy to have shared mine.

Attachments

• tumblr_nbiomz9wnr1r5pjkqo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_nbiomz9wnr1r5pjkqo1_400.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is always room for revisions in Zelda dialogue. If you actually read a lot of lines out loud you will find that they dont sound right spoken though you can miss it when you flick through text boxes.

WWHD made amendments to dialogue, not to correct bad sounding lines but to have Tingle be a friend of Zuko's and for the shopkeep to request you save him. There may be small things like that but I doubt anything major for TPHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom