• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess TP Challenge Run

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
So, I have come up with a challenge for all people who felt as if
TP is easy. I have thus dubbed the "Dire Challenge Run"

Restrictions:
Three hearts
wooden sword
no shield
No hidden skill
no potions/soup
and lastly most combat
has to be done with the
wooden sword

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There are quite a lot of people who achieved this ;) I have played TP myself a lot of times and I fullfilled the quest without the hylian shield. It is fun actually. Nope I didn't do the three hearts challenge ;) Even though I defeated the game like 7 times I still think I must play it some more before doing the three heart challenge

C

Chuck

Yeah how do you keep the wooden sword? i didn't know that was possible

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think a three-heart challenge is more than enough for most people. But if you can pull this off... congratulations.

Incidentally, even though I've never done a three-heart run, I actually beat Blizzeta with two and a half hearts. The way it happened was rather funny. Those ice-pick throwers drained all my health, and made me use up my healing items. When I got to the boss door, I found there were no heart pots like there usually are. I couldn't go back without having to do the last part of the dungeon over again, because Yeta was waiting there for me to open the door. To be honest, I wasn't quite expecting her to take me to the boss until I saw the lock on her bedroom door.

I was very angry that I had basically been forced into a boss battle with less than three hearts. That was the kind of situation I usually plan carefully to avoid finding myself in. I'd never fought Blizzeta before, but I drew on all my memories of fighting and dodging in 3D Zelda games, all the way back to OoT. I managed to avoid enough damage for the first few rounds that the hearts I collected from the ice pillars kept me alive. Blizzeta did hit me a few times, and just when she took my last heart... I got knocked into a heart from the ice pillar I'd destroyed. This last heart kept me alive until I finished her off.

Needless to say, that was a very stressful situation, and I can't imagine anyone subjecting themselves to something even more difficult willingly.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wait, you can keep the wodden sword in the game? How?And this seems quite fair, but I don't think I'd manage without a shield, especially in the CoO. i'm planning to do a 3 heart run soon.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
From the looks I'll have a run of this on youtube soon I'll be doing the first two levels with the ordon shield though.
And note the fact that I never said that fairies could be used!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Simply go to your menu and select the Ordon Sword from the screen. After you obtain the Master Sword your Ordon sword is replaced but you can select the Ordon Sword in the menu if you like.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think that keeping the wooden sword is only possible by glitch abuse, which probably even depends on the version of the game you're playing, because newer versions could have the glitch fixed (there was also that famous savestate glitch: if you saved in that room in Kakariko village where you find the sky cannon and restarted the game, you wouldn't be able to find/talk to Shad but Midna would still not teleport the cannon, thinking Shad's still there. It was fixed in later versions, so other glitches could have been fixed too).
And, not to be nitpicking, but IIRC you need to learn at least the "Mortal Blow" hidden skill, maybe it's also bypassable by glitching but then again some bosses probably won't be beatable then. And is it even possible to defeat a Darknut without at least using either backslice or helm splitter? Has anyone attempted to do that?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Like I said before you can use the Wooden Sword by simply selecting it from your menu. I checked it today and it's there. You can use the Wooden/Ordon Sword. Oh and btw I did defeat the darknuts with and without using those special skills. It is much harder but not impossible. And it will take longer

Majora's Cat

How about that
It's not just the wooden sword. A lot of the details in this challenge are not possible... unless you hack it or something.

I did this challenge. It really wasn't that hard. Ganondorf does next to no damage to you. If you wanna try a REAL hard challenge, do this without fairies or recovery hearts! Good luck! I'm gonna have to try that one... lol

Oh, and you gotta use your master sword on the last two bosses. Because the game is programed so the master sword is the only one that does damage on those two bosses. Wooden and Ordon sword wont work.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Like I said before you can use the Wooden Sword by simply selecting it from your menu. I checked it today and it's there. You can use the Wooden/Ordon Sword. Oh and btw I did defeat the darknuts with and without using those special skills. It is much harder but not impossible. And it will take longer
Yeah, the Ordon Sword is selectable... but isn't it already stronger than the wooden one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom