• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help TP Can Link Go to Snow Peak Before Arbeiters Ground?

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Someone commented it, and I was curious:

When you have the master sword and are able to change freely from Link to Wolf, the game directs you to the desert -but the path to Snow peak is already free, the ice is gone. Once there you can't go up that mountain because of the snowstorm, only when you have the smell of the reekfish you can follow the right path.

but this is the same that happened at OoT in the desert, with the ghost guide -if you knew the right way, you didn't need the guide at all. Can this be done at TP? Can I memorize the right steps and go directly to SnokPeak?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The path to Snowpeak is thawed before the Arbiter's Grounds, but you need to receive Ashei's sketch before you can even get the reekfish scent, and she is not there until after the Arbiter's Grounds. Twilight Princess was designed with a linear path in mind, so I am assuming that you are unable to proceed through Snowpeak until you are actually supposed to.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TP - like TWW - is a linear quest through and through. Technically, Link *should* be able to go through Snowpeak but the game does not allow it.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I honestly have never tried, so I can't confirm or deny it, but it would only make sense that Nintendo was careful to block the path one way or another. Although, I believe you need the Spinner to lower the Mirror of Twilight, which is what lets you into the Palace of Twilight, which is where you collect all of the goodness for your Master Sword which you need to beat the game, so I wouldn't advice trying to get past Arbiter's Grounds without coming back to it at a later time.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I think you should look up the path of the scent, and then follow it. I mean its possible to get through the desert in OoT without using the Lense of Truth by knowing the route; thus eliminating any need to go to the well. It's completely possible you could navigate the path by knowing it beforehand. Try and internet walkthrough to see the path.

MW7

Well I can confirm that it's impossible without doing some glitching. The ice melts after Lakebed but you can't proceed very far until you've finished Arbiter's Grounds. This should have been exactly like the Haunted Wasteland in Ocarina of Time imo, but it isn't for no reason at all. I've done the path through the Haunted Wasteland dozens of times and really appreciated this freedom. With glitching though I found a video that lets you get to Snowpeak even before clearing the Lanayru Twilight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDqyB6quAGI. This is a description of how to reach the temple early http://zeldaspeedruns.com/tp/majorsb/early-snowpeak. It doesn't sound too complicated at all (if you click on map glitch there are tons of ways to do it that aren't too bad), but the game designers clearly wanted to stop you from getting to the dungeon. Even if you know the route perfectly you "get lost" in the snowstorm and sent back unless you do the glitch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom