• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Toys You Used to Play with

So random question but did you used to play with toys

• Yes I enjoyed me toys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I hated my toys

• No toys were pathetic piece of plastic and I hated them more than the above option

• I still play with toys :)

• I flushed all my toys down the toilet

• too poor to afford toys,I most likely come from Argentina, it doesn't deserve the Falkland islands

• I torture toys like Sid from toy story(had to give you that option pancake)

• Total voters

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I was very interested in animal toys, actually. We have a whole bucket filled with them :xd: I used to buy every dinosaur and animal, and insect toy I see :P I still did play with Barbie dolls, but I think I enjoyed playing with animal toys better :P My little sister and I used to create an "evolution" sort of thing. We would throw together different toys of the same species together. Like a lion cub, a female lion, and a male lion would be in one group. Then we would put them in order by "age". The cub would go first. Then the female (since she had no mane), then the male. We would then choose each species, and play with them, every few minutes we would switch the animal toys to the next one in line so it seems like they grow up. We made it pretty complicated for little children. Some were carnivores, and others were herbivores. We used to use rock toys and grass toys to create different land areas, and used to put the animals where they are supposed to be. We also made the animals migrate.

That was years ago. It was tons of fun. Just a few days ago, as my sister and I were cleaning up our things, we found that box filled with animals toys. Both of us got so excited with the memories. We attempted to mimic our fun that we had. We put them in species, and then ordered the species. Then we started playing. We tried hard, but we just couldn't get that spark and excitement that we had when we were small, and eventually, we gave up playing. It sucks growing up :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When I was little, I played with toys like crazy! Some of my favourites from my childhood include:
-Stuffed Barney that could talk
-Battery operated towtruck (it had a working cable)
-"Chomper." He was the truck I had that drove everybody crazy :P
-Hotwheels cars
-Elmo
-Buzz Lightyear (I had too much fun with this after I saw Toy Story)

When I got into elementary school, I developed a fondness for LEGO, which I still have.
I also had a huge stuffed animal collection as a kid, most of which I still have to this day (the only toys I have from my childhood)

Claire

The Geekette
According to my mom, I still play with little kid toys. You see, I grew up playing a Sega Game Gear, The Little Mermaid on the Tiger Electronics handheld, and GigaPets. These little handheld games are something that I still really love, so if she sees me playing a Game Boy Color or a DS Lite, she insists that I'm still playing those old toys from my youth. Technically, she is somewhat correct. I honestly loved those toys though, I think it helped solidify my love of handhelds today. I still geek out about 'em, just like way back when...

017-3-2.jpg

Dan

I was very interested in animal toys, actually. We have a whole bucket filled with them :xd: I used to buy every dinosaur and animal, and insect toy I see :P I still did play with Barbie dolls, but I think I enjoyed playing with animal toys better :P My little sister and I used to create an "evolution" sort of thing. We would throw together different toys of the same species together. Like a lion cub, a female lion, and a male lion would be in one group. Then we would put them in order by "age". The cub would go first. Then the female (since she had no mane), then the male. We would then choose each species, and play with them, every few minutes we would switch the animal toys to the next one in line so it seems like they grow up. We made it pretty complicated for little children. Some were carnivores, and others were herbivores. We used to use rock toys and grass toys to create different land areas, and used to put the animals where they are supposed to be. We also made the animals migrate.

That was years ago. It was tons of fun. Just a few days ago, as my sister and I were cleaning up our things, we found that box filled with animals toys. Both of us got so excited with the memories. We attempted to mimic our fun that we had. We put them in species, and then ordered the species. Then we started playing. We tried hard, but we just couldn't get that spark and excitement that we had when we were small, and eventually, we gave up playing. It sucks growing up :(

I'm not sure if it's because my hormones are uber high at the moment but that was simply beautiful! :')
Btw was I the only one scared of baby dolls, they always seemed so... menacing and creepy.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Btw was I the only one scared of baby dolls, they always seemed so... menacing and creepy.

I'm with you on that :P When I was small, the surface of my drawer in my room was filled with Barbie dolls. I got so scared at night. It seemed like they were starting at me... watching... always watching... After I had a nightmare of the Barbie dolls killing me while I was asleep, I demanded they go out of my room :lol:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I liked my old toys. When I was younger, I liked the leap frog toys. My mother used to buy a lot of leap frog stuff and to this day, I still have them.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I...ah...played with barbies as a little girl. Use to make all kinds of stories with them. Yes, it's slightly embarrassing now, but no, that did NOT make me want to be like barbie (appearance-wise or clothes wise). That's a really silly notion that barbie's lead to the whole crazy appearance crisis, but that's all I'll on this in this thread...

I also use to play with toy cars, legos, marbles, video consoles (okay, still do...), and a lot of other things that were non-feminine. Usually because that was what my brother played with because I was much closer to him than my sister. It's not that I hated my own toys, it's just that I got the same kind of toys and usually played with him. That's just how it was in my house...*shrug*

I actually didn't have too many toys growing up; I'd usually just make stuff out of old scraps found around the house or yard. Although, there was this one Christmas where some distant relatives sent me and my brother a crapload of presents on Christmas—there was all kinds of stuff ranging from remote-controlled cars to action figures (typical "boy" stuff). My favorite thing was the remote-controlled car. I used to disassemble and reassemble it a lot; added functional lights to it and everything...and then it broke. Lol. All of those toys were lost when my dad's house burned down. Around age eight or so, aside from the occasional toy fad (Tekno~), I pretty much stopped playing with toys...

Toys were an important part of my childhood. Apart from the required Legos, I also enjoyed the larger Mega Blocks, Transformers, Star Wars and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Action figures, and a bunch of miscellaneous items including over 50 cheap McDonald's toys. Back when I was in elementary school, we carpooled with one of my younger brother's friends; his mother wasn't too good and cooking so she took her kids to Mickey D's, usually right after school so naturally my younger brother and I tagged along. Then to repay our debts, my mom brought her kids to McDonald's on the weekends. I was a bit chubby those days...

I still have a drawer full of toys in my room and I tinker with them from time to time if only to get my mind off real world hardships.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I liked to play with barbies lol. and dragon ball Z action figures, then when the Pokemon stuff came out i played with those. I made and entire village using all my toys lol. and then I made the Pokemon and the yugioh toys go to war and all the barbies were crying.. lol it was great.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
LEGO!
Legos.png

I also had a variety of stuffed animals, barbies/other dolls, and action figures. I kinda wish I kept a few of those in their original packaging.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I enjoyed playing with my toys. I no longer play with them, but I surely look back at times and remember the fun times I had playing with that kind of stuff. Now I play with other toys, like Xbox, PSP, 3DS, Cars, etc. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom