• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Touhou Project Anyone?

I've seen it's music mentioned in a couple threads, but does anyone else play bullet hell?
If so, who's your favorite character in the series?

I'm particularly fond of Alice, Marissa and Oku.

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
I've seen it's music mentioned in a couple threads, but does anyone else play bullet hell?
If so, who's your favorite character in the series?

I'm particularly fond of Alice, Marissa and Oku.

If you would elaborate more on what that project is about...

Wait if the topic of this thread is Touhou, why are you asking about Bullet Hell? O_O Oh well, never mind. But sorry no, I haven't heard of it.

Alright, I'll try to do my best to explain about Touhou Project.
It's a game series developed by ZUN, and I think he may still be the only person programming them, but don't quote me on that.
It's style of play is top-down danmaku shooter, that is to say, bullet hell.
It has a pretty tight learning curve and feature some of the most gorgeous (and difficult) patterns for a player to master.
There are somewhere around 164+ characters and growing (this includes playable characters and bosses).
It was originally for Comodore PC, but was later developed for Windows with the release of the third game 5th game "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil".
The plot varies from game to game (if you want to call it a plot), but basically it's a shrine maiden and a witch trying to solve the problems of the fictional land Gensokyo, which is inhabited by Youkai and where spirits who are no longer believed in go to live their lives.
I hope this is enough information.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
The third fifth game? this sounds extremely confusing and by the sound of it it sounds like a Raiden type game. I've never heard of Project Touhou but it sounds pretty strange to me

The third fifth game? this sounds extremely confusing and by the sound of it it sounds like a Raiden type game. I've never heard of Project Touhou but it sounds pretty strange to me

Sorry, it was late when I typed this. I wanted to say the fifth game, but had started to type third forgetting there were four in front of it. Uh, I've never played Raiden, but looking at screenshots I guess it's kind of like that.

Here is a play video against Oku.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom