• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Toughest Dungeons

T

TheLastLink

Thats just it, which dungeons were the hardest for you and why.
I would have to say the City in the sky. So puzzling, HATED the music.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmm, well I haven't played lots of games so don't know which to put, I always hated how you had to start at the begining if you turned of or died... and I hate the music sometimes!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
In terms of "physical" difficulty, I found the Great Palace of AoL the hardest one. Many lava pits, ways to get lost and extremely difficult enemies (how I hate the blue winged darknut) plus you couldn't even recover magic or health after beating Thunderbird...
The most challenging puzzle was the Stone Tower Temple in MM, it took quite a time to find all the stray fairies but at the same time it was the best dungeon in the series and gave the most fun.

The Great Palace may have been the hardest one I have played. The place is huge and also has many challenging enemies. There are many dead ends that will eat up your magic; I got lost every time I played so I used the ZD walkthroughs for this one.

I haven't played a lot the games, and majority of the ones that I have completed were way back when... :(
I'd have to say that the City in the Sky was the most challenging dungeon in Twilight Princess. The Ocean Temple was the hardest in Spirit Tracks. From what I can recall, the Shadow Temple was the toughest in Ocarina of Time, and.. Phantom Hourglass I have not yet completed, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't include any difficult dungeons. :P

i would say the ice temple from TP because you have to deal with ice puzzles and these ice looking people that throw ice spears than its city in the sky form TP :)

O

OmarScofield

The Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time used to be the most annoying for me constantly putting the Iron Boots on then taking them off, plus raising the water levels up and down was a pain too lol. Dark Link was also quite long and tricky to defeat.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
First off, The Water Temple from OoT is what I'd consider to be the hardest dungeon that I've come across (as well as other fans). You have to make sure that you use the right keys for the right doors or else it'll mess you up completely. I hate dungeons like that. >.<

Another one would be the Great Bay Temple from MM. This one is another water temple that doesn't have the key thing that you have to worry about like in the last one, but it is still pretty difficult without that in it. You have to change the direction of the water's flow in order to get into certain rooms and then change the direction again if you somehow miss something in another room that you can't reach. Also you can accidentally miss the room that you're wanting to go into and have to go around again and try to get in the room.

The last hard dungeon for me would be the Ice Palace from ALttP. I could always get pretty far into this one, but then I'd get to a certain part of it and suddenly I'd be stuck. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I believe it either had something to do with having to have a certain key for a certain door or there being a room (or part of a room) that I couldn't get to and I couldn't find out how to get to it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time used to be the most annoying for me constantly putting the Iron Boots on then taking them off, plus raising the water levels up and down was a pain too lol. Dark Link was also quite long and tricky to defeat.

I absolutely second that. It is annoying to put the boots on, off, killing those annoying enemies etc.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I would say the Water Temple of OoT, and the last 3 temples in MM.

At least the bosses weren't that hard in the Water Temple, and the weapon upgrade you get it almost makes it worth it.
Can't say the same for the temples in MM, just arrow upgrades.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Toughest dungeon for me would have to be level 8 in the original Zelda. I had to try to hard to avoid getting my shield eaten by a Like-Like but I found it was no use. They always caught me and that left me open for those horrible Blue Wizzrobes. The problem was that they force you into a corner so you can have your shield eaten and then wham. The worst part is avoiding getting your shield eaten while blocking the jerks.

Surprisingly, I never was challenged by many of the dungeons talked about here. I knew the secrets in Aol's great palace. Stone Tower was simple for me to figure out once I got the hang of it. The Water Temple bothered me for a while but after I got past the room with that floating block I managed.

Austin

Austin
Ganon's Tower in ALttP. The enemies were impossible and there was the puzzle where you had to quickly light all of the torches in the one room with a blade trap and moving floors.... ugh.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Not to be unoriginal, but OoT's water temple. I had enough trouble with the game the first time playing it then when I got to that point? Had no idea what to do. None. Though after I'd played the game several times it became one of my favorite ambiances.

Also Death Mountain in the original LoZ. It's just so huge, and I think you have to take something like 5 secret passage ways to reach Ganon. Not to mention it's possible to reach him without actually finding the silver arrows (<--personal experience from playing it via the Wii virtual console.) Oddly enough, the second quest's ninth dungeon is actually easier once you know where to go, I think.

Thats just it, which dungeons were the hardest for you and why.
I would have to say the City in the sky. So puzzling, HATED the music.

Whats wrong with the music it fine and it doesnt have to be the toughest if you dont like the music. umm...my thoughest dungeon would have to be Water Temple Ocarina of Time because first game i ever bought i was stuck on the temple of about a year till finally my cousins came over and beat it for me. :)

And dude im not trying to be mean its just what i think. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom