• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Tornface's Legend~StarClan Naming

Midna's Sister

I'm the TwilightPrincess!
"I, Snowfall, medicine cat of DuskClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with our help, she will serve her Clan for many moons. Tornface, do you promise to uphold the way of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?" Snowfall meowed, looking down from the tiny ledge that the medicine cats stood on when making an apprentice or full medicine cat. It was like a little version of Highstone.
Tornface looked up at Snowfall. She nodded, and said, "I do."
"Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give your your true name as a medicine cat? Tornface, from this moment you will be known as Tornface. StarClan honors your knowledge and certainty, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of DuskClan." Snowfall finished. She was out of breath from the lengthy ceremony, but she held her snow-white head high and solemnly said, "Touch your nose to the stone. Let your warrior ancestors take you into their world, and show you what you must know." Tornface nodded, and touched her nose to the Moonclaw.

The StarClan world was fragrant with the scent of herbs and prey. Cats ran round, pelts sleek and scarless. She looked up to see a gathering of cats, and they looked over their shoulders to see Tornface. Her ripped eye fluttered, and they all said, "Tornface. You have come to receive your medicine cat name." StarClan cat mewed. Tornface looked taken aback. "But... I am already Tornface!" she meowed. They nodded in amusement. "But it doesn't fit you anymore than it did moons ago," a voice said. She looked up to see a golden-colored tom with a creamy belly. She gasped. "Oatbirch?!" she meowed loudly. "Sorry..." she mewed. "I didn't mean to yowl." she quickly ran a paw over the good side of her face. "You are going to earn something a leader would: Nine lives. But your lives will fade as you grow older; they are a tad more fragile than a leader's." Oatbirch said. Then, he yowled, "StarClan! Come to gather!" suddenly, six more cats arrived. They were Autumbranch, Birdvoice, Iceflower, Mountainmew, Shagleg, and Fireshade. But where was an eighth? Wasn't she going to get nine lives? Oatbirch seemed to sense her uncertainty. "Oh. You must be wondering, where an eighth is?" he mewed. Tornface nodded. He didn't reply. Esther way, she was going to get her lives! So she stepped forward to receive her nine lives. The first to step forth was Shagleg. He said, "As former medicine cat of StormClan, I give you a life for wisdom. Use it well to guide your Clan..." his blue eyes showed many moons of wisdom and insight. The next was Iceflower. "As a medicine cat of StarClan and formerly LeafClan, I give you a life of focus. Use it to keep yourself on-track in difficult times, so you will not fall behind."
After Iceflower had backed down, Mountainmew bounded up to meet her, his mew husky and deep. "I, as a StarClan cat and former medicine cat of StreamClan, I give you a lifetime of forethought, so that you may not make hasty decisions." he touched his nose to her head, and she let it flow into her with pride. Autumbranch stepped forward. "The life I give you is one of thoughtfulness, to please others. My duty as medicine cat of RockClan will never end, nor will your duty to DuskClan." the next was the sleek Birdvoice.
"As guardian of MountainClan, I give you determination, so that you may not falter in hard times."
Fireshade stepped up, her ginger pelt shiny and sleek. "Your seventh life is mine to give," she mewed. "The life I pass on to you is one of courage, for the times when you fight for your Clan."

Oatbirch stepped up. "I will give you your eighth life. This life is one of many, but it stands out above others. I give you a life of faith, so that you will not lose trust in your warrior ancestors and your Clan."

Snowfall came bounding over, hearing the voices. She looked surprised to see Tormface panting. "We... Ate giving her the lives of a leader. Her last life is yours to give," Oatbirch meowed. Snowfall knew what to do. She touched her nose to Tornface, and said, "With this life... I pass on endurance and strength. So that times of greif and pain will be easier to bear." she mewed. Oatbirch mewed and the rest of the cats gathered. "You will be called Sweetflame. It is the name that was always meant to be for you."
With that, the starry warriors faded and Sweetflame found herself waking among the six other medicine cats. They were waking and stretching their legs, to rid themselves of cramped limbs. As she started to pad away from the Moonclaw, she heard soft voices, as if carried on a breeze: When the river's course changes at dusk, a hero is born. Snowfall heard it too. She looked at Sweetflame, her eyes wide. "A prophecy..." she mewed softly. A prophecy indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom